Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
sequins
sequins began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch ~maybe Kindle touch
Annotations on Side-loaded content on Kindle Touch

Hi everybody, I'm currently the owner of a Nook Simple Touch and am thinking of switching to a Kindle (I liked the touchscreen half a year ago and picked that...but the Sales representatitive neglected to mention a lot of quirks that make it a lot less usable, only 200mb of space on the device is actually free for you to use, you can't write or export notes on sideloaded content and pdfs etc.)

But basically from that I already have a large library in epubs and I definitely do not plan on repurchasing it on the Kindle, so I'll mainly be converting epubs to mobi with calibre and using them on the Kindle. So I just had a question about notes and synching notes on side-loaded books. Is it possible to annotate, highlight etc.? And is there an easy way to export or view these annotations and highlights on other devices. The main point of having an e-reader is for me to be able to annotate and write notes for books while reading them, and then export said annotations/quotations to my computer (mac - but I can use parallels for windows) for when I'm actually working.

Thanks!
sequins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
You can highlight and make notes on side-loaded content and easily export them to your computer. But you can only sync purchased titles and books emailed to your Kindle through your @kindle email, and only among kindle devices.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
sequins
sequins began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch ~maybe Kindle touch
ahh okay thanks. Exporting annotations and highlights to computer was important thing, though synchronising between my various devices would have been nice (oh wells - future books will be fine)

Sigh I wish books were more transferable between formats...there isn't this problem with music or movies...so it's basically the only thing left that still requires you to buy a completely new copy every time you switch formats (and I include DTB to Electronic)
sequins is offline   Reply With Quote