Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
basadam
basadam began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PSR-300
Question Turkish characters aren't displayed properly

Hi all,

I am new to ebook business, please be gentle.

I just bought a SONY PSR-300 from London. I live in Turkey, but ebook readers are not available here yet.

Apart from reading books, I was also hoping to transfer and read business documents, mostly in MS-Word/rtf. I am using Calibre to convert them to epub format (I also tried sending rtf file to reader directly), but unfortunately turkish characters are not displayed properly in my reader. I read in several places that it is possible to embed fonts into the epub file but I couldn't find how to do that in Calibre.

If you know how to embed fonts using Calibre, or if you recommend any other converter that can do the job, I'll be grateful.

Thanks.
basadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
On the Sony Readers, you can put a font on the device and then reference it in the CSS of each ePub (which you can add via Calibre). Detailed instructions are in post #18 of ePub custom Fonts on 700, 505, 500, 300, 600.

It is also possible to hack the firmware to add a generic CSS over-ride for all ePubs on the Sony Readers (e.g. to replace the limited defaults fonts with better ones), but the above, one ePub at a time, approach may be all you need.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
basadam
basadam began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PSR-300
Many thanks. Although I struggled a bit at first, but that (CSS thing) actually worked.

The value of my reader is doubled instantly.
basadam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psr-300, turkish