Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
phansen1218
phansen1218 began at the beginning.

Device: none
need help with fictionwise purchases

Ok, I am new to this business but I know the help I need is here. So thanks in advance.

I just purchased a couple of books from fictionwise. Now how do I get them on my reader?

I was using calibre and I get a message that they are drm's and can not be converted without removing the drm first.

Ok ---- how do I remove the drm and do I really need to do this or is there some other way to get fictionwise to download them to my reader?

Some of this is so confusing.....

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-01-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: corrected company name
phansen1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
What type of file was it?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
phansen1218

says it is a .pbd is there a way to download a different format from fictionwise???
Old 01-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansen1218 View Post
says it is a .pbd is there a way to download a different format from fictionwise???
I've never used Fictionwise, I prefer BooksonBoard. And you have the wrong format, it's an eReader format which your Sony does not read. To not have to bother with DRM, you need to purchase only ePub or PDF (this one does not look pretty when you change the font size). I've never puchased a .pbd file so I don't know how to remove the DRM (I know it's possible). I stick to Mobi, Lit, ePub, & lastly PDF. You need to download Abode Digital Editions in order to purchase ePub or PDF books: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/
Once download you have to activate it (email address and password). Then Plug in your Sony PRS-600 while the software is open and you activate that using the same information you created. Then you can just pull and drop your purchase from the software to your reader.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
phansen1218

yep I had the wrong format. When I downloaded the book with the right format it works great. As I said new to this. Thanks and I will have to look at booksonboard also. The reason I went with sony was so I could get books from multiple places.

again thanks
Advert