Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #16
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
But the emulator now is a 90 MHz Pentium 3 -- that was state-of-the-art about 10 years before the system you describe above.
So you are saying that the 90MHz was a 1990 type machine. Ok. I can't say I really understand all that, but I am too lazy to research it.

About running 2010 Office, the guy who said that was referring to XP, not the 13GB HD, 3/4GB Ram and 1/2 GHz CPU.
I just changed to a 120GB Hard Drive because of all the Windows bloat.
I also have a 320GB data drive that isn't hooked up right now because I had to rebuild that 120GB system drive which is actually an old data drive. Of course I had to dicker with MS about moving the operating system which will be harder in the future. (Unless I get a Chrome-book.)

My net book that I travel with is actually more powerful right now than that Desktop all things considered. RAM, CPU, and HD, though when I get around to hooking up my data drive it won't be. I do have an external drive hooked up, and now days usually store movies on a 32GB Flash Drive so as to plug directly into my TV. (Man, I love that.)
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote