Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
ddoyle777
ddoyle777 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
USB Memory Sticks

I got my Iliad on Wed and have been learning how to use it. I'm not a total noobie as I've have both iterations of the Sony Reader. But I do have a couple of questions that I'd like to ask.

1. Is there any way to take a book from your desktop to a USB memory stick and then from the USB memory stick to internal memory on the Iliad? I guess not, but I might have missed something. It would be nice as you wouldn't have to lug the cable and travel adapter (or whatever they call it) just a USB memory stick.

2. When I connect my Iliad to my MAC (10.5) it will only show the internal memory as a connected device (unlike the Sony 505 that shows both internal memory and SD card). Have I missed the way to connect and show memory card?

3. What's the best thing you do with your Iliad. So far, it looks like a great book reader and a pretty miserable note taker, so I'm (again) wondering what I missed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave
ddoyle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoyle777 View Post
1. Is there any way to take a book from your desktop to a USB memory stick and then from the USB memory stick to internal memory on the Iliad?

2. When I connect my Iliad to my MAC (10.5) it will only show the internal memory as a connected device (unlike the Sony 505 that shows both internal memory and SD card). Have I missed the way to connect and show memory card?
You can obviously also work directly from the memory stick. If you want to transfer files, then mtxvt (a terminal window, and Linux commands) or EmelFM2 can do this see Iliad Software. When you connect via USB, only one kind of memory is exported but you can choose which one in the settings menu, see ILiad Firmware V2.11.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
ig88
Gadget Guy
ig88 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad - iPhone - OSX
Don't know if you Mac is a laptop or not, but I use an SD card, and I put a card reader in the ExpressCard slot. Since the card reader just stays in the ExpressCard slot all of the time, it is a very convenient way to transfer files (as opposed to lugging out the adapter and cables or having to have a USB drive sticking out of the top of your iLiad).
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote