Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
bookman
bookman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Problems Connecting to Whispernet

I have a Kindle 1 and my SO has the Sony 505. The reason I wanted the Kindle over the Sony was for the ease of downloading via whispernet. However, I have had nothing but problems connecting to whispernet. My device shows I have full connection to whispernet with all the bars showing but then when I try to access it, my device says it is "unable to connect". This seems like a problem with my Kindle. I also have had problems with my battery. I will fully charge it and then try to use it and it will shut down all of the sudden after a couple minutes of using it saying battery is too low and then it won't turn on until I plug it in. My SO has had no problems at all with the Sony. Wondering if anyone has heard of this and hope this helps others making a decision on which device to get.
Thanks,
bookman
bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Its happened to random people. If you call amazon CS, theyll run ya through a few tests and then send ya a new kindle, if its still under warranty.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman View Post
I have a Kindle 1 and my SO has the Sony 505. The reason I wanted the Kindle over the Sony was for the ease of downloading via whispernet. However, I have had nothing but problems connecting to whispernet. My device shows I have full connection to whispernet with all the bars showing but then when I try to access it, my device says it is "unable to connect". This seems like a problem with my Kindle. I also have had problems with my battery. I will fully charge it and then try to use it and it will shut down all of the sudden after a couple minutes of using it saying battery is too low and then it won't turn on until I plug it in. My SO has had no problems at all with the Sony. Wondering if anyone has heard of this and hope this helps others making a decision on which device to get.
Thanks,
bookman
Have them replace it immediately. None of mine have ever had any of these problems, so you need to get a new unit asap.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman View Post
Thanks,
bookman
See, this is the type of problem you immediately call CS about.......looking on boards for answers to problems like this will not help.

Our live customer service associates are available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. You can also reach us by calling one of these numbers: Inside the United States: 1-866-321-8851; Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote