Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #31
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
same problem here! at the 99% of Godfather the
Quote:
The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and redownload it from Archived Items available in Home.
appears out of nowhere I've had many bad experiences with this book since Kindle refused to index it several times against my attempts, with both 3.0.3 and 3.1 firmware now that it's finally finish indexing it, it doesn't let me read the last page of the book

I have no problem with other books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1n2l View Post
hi i just recieved a phonecall from amazon, i was told to press menu, settings then menu again. then select reset and this fixed my problem (ive only had mine 2 weeks and for some reason never considered this:P)
no good with mine. I won't try the 'Reset to Factory defaults'
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #32
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You may be right. What version of Kindle's firmware do you have, by chance?
Firmware 3.1
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #33
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Well I've finally capitulated and performed a factory reset, at least that seems to have done the trick and I can read content again, what caused the initial problem I guess we'll never know, thanks for all the advice and assistance to all concerned, hopefully that won't happen again! No real damage done apart from losing my screensaver hack, but hopefully a way around will be found with 3.1 in the not too distant future.
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #34
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
I had this problem after changing the fonts out. I don't remember which one it was, but after I changed it again to another one I liked the problem went away.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Pleased to hear that you're back up and running again, Paul!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #36
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Glad the factory reset worked. It's a PIA to go through reloading your books but sometimes that's all that works.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #37
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
same problem here! at the 99% of Godfather the appears out of nowhere I've had many bad experiences with this book since Kindle refused to index it several times against my attempts, with both 3.0.3 and 3.1 firmware now that it's finally finish indexing it, it doesn't let me read the last page of the book

I have no problem with other books.

no good with mine. I won't try the 'Reset to Factory defaults'
Just throw that book away, Maian. I had the same with Anna Karenina. That book seemed to be doomed the minute I uploaded it to my Kindle. All kind of weird things happened after that.
What you could try: convert that same book with Calibre again from mobi to mobi and load it again to your Kindle; that is, if it is your own book. If it is one from Amazon: just call them.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #38
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
<--moved question to other forum-->

Last edited by ApK; 02-21-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Moved to other section
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #39
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I'm a day late but I got the same message once after installing a font the kindle did not like. Since it could not open a book because it could not load the font, it gave that message.

Most likely your kindle had some other problem. But this seems to be a fall back error message the kindle gives when it cannot open a book for unexpected reason.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #40
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Just throw that book away, Maian. I had the same with Anna Karenina. That book seemed to be doomed the minute I uploaded it to my Kindle. All kind of weird things happened after that.
What you could try: convert that same book with Calibre again from mobi to mobi and load it again to your Kindle; that is, if it is your own book. If it is one from Amazon: just call them.
no, I'm so tired after the tenth attempt. leave it there, I can read it on laptop.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #41
InnovateME
InnovateME began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3G
"The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and redownload it from Archived items available in Home"

I have this problem too, it is happen after i will try use customer fonts ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99355)

I had Reset my kindle to factory mod ((
InnovateME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #42
Mwuar
Mwuar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
You all might be heading down the wrong path trying to solve this.

This same problem happened to me, in the middle of reading one of my books on my Kindle Touch, after no changes of any kind were made. I haven't even downloaded a book in months.

I have no hacks, no other software or whatever you guys are talking about, and I only download books Wirelessly from Amazon.com. I've yet to even transfer a PDF to my kindle.

When the problem happened, my Kindle first suddenly reset itself, only after that happened it was that I couldn't open any of my books.

To me it just sounds like something hardware/software related that can only be fixed by a factory reset. Some sort of corrupt files or something of that nature that caused it to shut down in the first place. But what do I know?
Mwuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwuar View Post
You all might be heading down the wrong path trying to solve this.
I suspect they've gotten it all sorted out, with this thread being 11 months old.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote