Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #27016
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hot broth ... after my yard work ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #27017
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, they lied about the rain, the sun is out! So the girls are out and about, fertilizing the yard and terrorizing any bugs they can find! (Too bad they don't like slug. We have WAY too many of them here, but that's one bug they turn up their beaks at. )

Diet coke.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #27018
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Slugs? Yeccchhhhhhhhh .... gag me !

Sipping a Guinness with dinner (cheeseburger)
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #27019
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sadly, pooh, my girls seem to agree with you. The love beetles and worms and all sorts of creepy crawlies, but slugs are one thing they absolutely won't eat.

More diet coke.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #27020
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sadly, pooh, my girls seem to agree with you. The love beetles and worms and all sorts of creepy crawlies, but slugs are one thing they absolutely won't eat.

More diet coke.
My yard is known in the neighborhood as "cat friendly" - we have lots of bird feeders & squirrels - and so have many feline visitors. I keep a water bowl in the driveway for them. This summer, every morning when I went to refill the bowl there was a slug in it. Not wanting to touch it, I would pick up the bowl and hurl the contents out .... in the direction of the nearest tree trunk ... but the dang thing kept coming back ... until my aim improved ...

Hot ginger rooibos after a cold walk in my cup ...
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #27021
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
but the dang thing kept coming back ... until my aim improved ...
I have a friend who's a marine biologist. Her kids found a slug one day and wanted to make a pet of it, and not one to stifle inquiring biologically-inclined minds, she assented. THAT dang thing lived in a terrarium and grew to be nine (no exaggeration) inches long before it mercifully expired. My friend swears she had no hand in its demise.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #27022
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have a friend who's a marine biologist. Her kids found a slug one day and wanted to make a pet of it, and not one to stifle inquiring biologically-inclined minds, she assented. THAT dang thing lived in a terrarium and grew to be nine (no exaggeration) inches long before it mercifully expired. My friend swears she had no hand in its demise.
Thank you ... I now have a mental image that will haunt my dreams for life ....

9 INCHES!

Making another pot of ginger rooibos to settle my roiling stomach!

Oh heck! I'm going for the single malt early!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #27023
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
I'm sure no one knows how that salt got in there. It's a mystery.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #27024
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water. Lots of water. Then to make Christmas cookies.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #27025
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
This summer, every morning when I went to refill the bowl there was a slug in it. Not wanting to touch it, I would pick up the bowl and hurl the contents out .... in the direction of the nearest tree trunk ... but the dang thing kept coming back ... until my aim improved ...
Copper mesh. We buy it from Lee Valley. This stuff WORKS. Completely organic, it doesn't kill them or leave poison around. It just makes them go somewhere else. They will NOT try to cross the copper. I live in the land of black slugs and they used to kill all my veggies. But I put this stuff all around the raised beds and now no slugs in there at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you ... I now have a mental image that will haunt my dreams for life ....

9 INCHES!

Making another pot of ginger rooibos to settle my roiling stomach!

Oh heck! I'm going for the single malt early!
Nine inches, and about 2 inches around and BLACK. Of course, no matter how big they get here, they're still not as big as the ones in Santa Cruz. They even named the school sports teams the Banana Slugs! (I kid you not, they held a campus wide contest and that's what the students picked!)

Talisker.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #27026
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
When I moved to WA state I had no experience with slugs and very little knowledge of their existence even. My closest reference was anecdotes from my east coast raised mother with blood suckers and swimming holes. I got here in early spring about two months before my kids came out, and had stayed with relatives until they got here. The day we moved into our house, and the first time I had ever let them alone, they were seven and thirteen, my son being the oldest, I had gone to return the uhaul truck my friend had brought everything out in. Apparently while I was gone, one of the local kids told my son about slugs. When I got back my daughter was hiding behind a corner of the house, she jumped out and both kids shouted "surprise!". I Damn near fainted as my son had put slugs on every inch of her exposed body, and she was wearing shorts and a tank top!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #27027
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I've got me a tall glass of lemonade!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #27028
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hot chocolate in my cup, as I wrap presents.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #27029
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I think all this talk of slugs has freaked poor pooh out -- I see he's off to post in other threads and avoiding us this morning. We're sorry, poohbear_nc. Really. You can come back, we won't mention the slugs any more.

Well, not too often, anyway. :P

Peet's English Breakfast tea.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #27030
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
heheh Milk Oolong this morning. It went nice with the 9 Christmas cookies I had for my morning snack. Working on a Pu Erh now with lunch.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?