Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Odd problem with Sigil 0.4

Today I experienced an odd problem with Sigil 0.4. All was going well until I changed a few things in my hot-link TOC. After saving it, I tried to validate using Sigil validator and ThreePress but both kept giving me errors:

For example with my 'heading_10" in content012.xhtml the validators insisted that heading_10 was not in content012.xhtml but rather was in content014.xhtml. Same with three other entries in the Toc - always the error was noted in that location was insisted as being 2 files ahead of the actual file where the heading was used.

Finally checking carefully and being satisfied that my entries were indeed correct, I opened the file with Sigil 0.3.4, and all the errors went away after saving the file with S0.3.4

Unfortunately I don't have the offending epub because of the save with Sigil 0.3.4 so I can't send it to Valloric, but I wondered if others have encountered this type of problem? Other than this odd error, I've been very pleased with using v0.4.

Last edited by bobcdy; 06-22-2011 at 02:15 AM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Today I experienced an odd problem with Sigil 0.4. All was going well until I changed a few things in my hot-link TOC. After saving it, I tried to validate using Sigil validator and ThreePress but both kept giving me errors:

For example with my 'heading_10" in content012.xhtml the validators insisted that heading_10 was not in content012.xhtml but rather was in content014.xhtml. Same with three other entries in the Toc - always the error was noted in that location was insisted as being 2 files ahead of the actual file where the heading was used.

Finally checking carefully and being satisfied that my entries were indeed correct, I opened the file with Sigil 0.3.4, and all the errors went away after saving the file with S0.3.4

Unfortunately I don't have the offending epub because of the save with Sigil 0.3.4 so I can't send it to Valloric, but I wondered if others have encountered this type of problem? Other than this odd error, I've been very pleased with using v0.4.
First off. id="heading_10" can be used can be used ONCE in each and every document.
It is possible that Sigil 4 is now doing a "TOC Link check" (was automatic reset in 3).
I gave up on .4 after random, non-repetitive bad events.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
After some nasty experiences I decided to go back to 0.3.4. I found 0.4RC1 quite buggy and unfortunately it seems that it will be some time before there's a reliable version.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info about S.4; I'll probably continue to use it because most of the time it's a joy to work with and I had so much trouble with the previous version. I'll revert back to S.3.4 only when I encounter serious problems which, at least for me, are pretty uncommon.

(As far as the headings, I only used heading_10 once, the other three headings giving problems were heading_15, heading_17, and heading_19)
Bob
Old 06-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the info about S.4; I'll probably continue to use it because most of the time it's a joy to work with and I had so much trouble with the previous version. I'll revert back to S.3.4 only when I encounter serious problems which, at least for me, are pretty uncommon.

(As far as the headings, I only used heading_10 once, the other three headings giving problems were heading_15, heading_17, and heading_19)
Bob
Bob
.4 does not regenerate the TOC (unless you click the button)

in your case heading_15 was in originally(?) in content014.xhtml, but you moved it to content012.xhtml .
The (now stale) TOC still has it in content014.xhtml
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
bobcdy
Fanatic

theducks
You might be correct - I don't remember if I regenerated the toc but I know I did not move anything from one xhtml file to another. Also, why would the problem go away upon using 0.3.4?
Bob
Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
theducks
You might be correct - I don't remember if I regenerated the toc but I know I did not move anything from one xhtml file to another. Also, why would the problem go away upon using 0.3.4?
Bob
You did not Split?
You did not change the order of the files?

My guess was .34 auto regenerates the NCX, so any of the above changes, got fixed.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
bobcdy
Fanatic

I was working with one file, the toc, but earlier I had changed the heading numbers to correct a problem with duplicates which meant I needing to change most of the equivalent headings in many xhtml files. However, with the 0.4 save, all of the hotlinks worked with my pc ADE even though validation seemed to incorrectly list xhtml file numbers of the headings.

Probably the only way to troubleshoot at this time is if a similar trouble occurs again. Then I can save the offending epub, and also run the toc regeneration to see if that solves the problem. Perhaps it will.

Bob