Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
HudsonSpike
HudsonSpike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD10
Free Bible/Resources App

Olive Tree is a free app for Nook and possibly other platforms, but there is a catch.

If you get the app from Barnes and Noble, it is $9.99. But if you get the free KJV Olive Tree app, you can order the free Bibles within the app and it will automatically upgrade to the $9.99 app for free (at least that's what it did for me and for my friends Nook Tablets). From there there are numerous versions of the Bible, Concordances, Commentaries, Sermons, Biographies and other resources that are free.

You save $10+ (with tax) and get the same apps within the Olive Tree program.

There are a lot of free resources should you take you time and look around, ranging from Creationism (not my cup of tea) to Biographies on St. Augustine and Martin Luther.

Check for it at the B&N app store and get the free KJV app from Olive Tree to start.

John
HudsonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I love Olive Tree! My recommendation would be to get the free Reader app on whatever platform you have and then get everything from the OliveTree website. And you are right--they have tons of free options and lately they have been having lots of sales.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I used olive tree on my pocket pc for years and loved it.

I have moved to Android but shifted to mysword.info since biblesupport.com has hundreds of resources for it.

Olivetree has an android version as well I think.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
HudsonSpike
HudsonSpike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD10
Olive Tree is excellent, but on the Nook, the Encarta bibles are a bit easier to me. It's a bit easier to move around. Both let you set up Parallel Bibles which is great if I'm having trouble with a translation. Except for the KJV, Encarta isn't free, but it is reasonable.

There are also other free apps out there like YouVersion Bible which for a short time made the NIV available free and has numerous free versions available for download or online.

I came to try that one when my Pastor started to use the NKJV recently.
HudsonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote