Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
[Android App] calibre companion - saving to SD card

I would love to be able to save my ebooks to the S D card on my tablet however I'm not sure how to go 'back a level' when selecting a folder.

The default folder for calibre companion is 'mnt/sdcard' which points to my tablets internal memory. My SD card is in the folder 'mnt/external_sd'. Is there a way to point to that folder? I tried to creat a manual path but ended up with new folders created under/within the default folder.

This program connects smoothly to calibre and transfers perfectly; now I am getting greedy about file locations.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
You can press 'Manual Path' > type '/' > Create > go to your desired path.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Use "/mnt/external_sd" (note the leading slash) when you create the manual path.

One navigation trick that we didn't know worked until a user told us is to "create" the folder "/mnt". This will give you a list of folders in /mnt, which in your case should include both sdcard and external_sd. You can then navigate to the one you wish. On the negative side, we also found this bonus behavior by tracing through some crashes. If you "create" the "/" folder, you can navigate down into the file system from there. However, if you navigate back up to "/", CC has some problems. As of V2.3.2 CC no longer crashes, but navigation stops.

Last edited by chaley; 10-22-2012 at 03:59 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Use "/mnt/external_sd" (note the leading slash) when you create the manual path.
Thanks, that worked perfectly. I was getting thrown off by the 'create' button in the manual path process as that button added extra folders using the 'new path' process.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote