Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #706
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It's possible that this is a quick fix for the kepub vertical formatting issue. Otherwise, the tile for the 3.1.1 update shows the 2.10.0 what's new.
Yes, Kobo has said it is a hotfix for the vertical formatting issue.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #707
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
could i have problem if i upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 skipping 3.1.0?! i've never been skipped an update before (always manually done), thanks

Last edited by _pietro; 12-13-2013 at 03:13 AM.
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #708
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Even though I read that 3.1.0 is not meant to be for Touch and Mini, I installed it on my Touch (C model). Actually, I did it twice, once on top of 3.0.1 and once after factory reset. The result was both times the same: the device cannot connect via USB to the pc. Each trial to connect leads to a restart of the reader.
I have the same problem with 3.1.1. Replacing libnickel.so.1.0.0 with the 3.0.1 version solves this problem. But this is of course no real solution.

I add the stack log, in case anybody is interested in it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt stack_01.log.txt (6.2 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by tshering; 12-13-2013 at 04:52 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #709
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The first post has been updated.

I'm calling this the 127 Hours release:
  • It's a movie with some level of verticalness in it.
  • The 3.1.0 release was out for about 127 hours before being replaced.
  • Someone got caught under a big rock.
  • Clearly, someone at Kobo has been hacking away at something...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #710
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I have the same problem with 3.1.1. Replacing libnickel.so.1.0.0 with the 3.0.1 version solves the problem. But this is of course no real solution.
For those with the N905 or N905B versions of the Touch, maybe they should copy the contents of "drivers/ntx508/usb.gadget" from the 3.0.1 package. These are the only executables that are different between the mark 3 and mark 4 versions of the firmware. Also, they have timestamps from 2011 so they don't appear to have changed in all that time. One of the files is "g_file_storage.ko" which is executed when the device is connected.
Quote:
I add the stack log, in case anybody is interested in it.
Did this get produced when you connected the device? If so, I'll pass it on.
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #711
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did this get produced when you connected the device? If so, I'll pass it on.
Yes, this got produced while/after trying to connect. Thank you for passing on.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #712
2bits
Enthusiast
2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Touch N905, Mini
Thumbs up 3.1.1 on mini and (original) touch N905

FYI ...

My experience went fine.

Using latest "127 hour" release Mark 4 ...

* Mini - updated with all (3) files

* Original Touch using ONLY .tgz file

All seems good.

OK pocket
OK library changes
OK connections usb to pc and wifi

(no idea about kepubs issues as I don't use 'em)

Good luck

2bits
2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #713
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
I also have an original version KT. Updated to 3.1.1 with .TGZ file ONLY. All went well. I just hope it fixes the sleep in 60 seconds bug.

EDIT: The sleep in 60 seconds bug is also gone. Hoorah!
(I updated from 3.0.1)

Last edited by volpo; 12-13-2013 at 09:57 AM.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #714
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
What about the KT N905C with the last firmware ? USB connect don't work: the KT reboot at each time I click "connect"! :-(
jvolbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #715
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pietro View Post
could i have problem if i upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 skipping 3.1.0?! i've never been skipped an update before (always manually done), thanks
No problems with going to 3.1.1 skipping 3.1.0.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #716
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
What about the KT N905C with the last firmware ? USB connect don't work: the KT reboot at each time I click "connect"! :-(
Could you see if you have a "stack_xx.log" file? Look for one with a timestamp around the time you connected. If so, I'll send it to Kobo along tshering's.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #717
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Quote:
confirm on touch B
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #718
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Could you see if you have a "stack_xx.log" file? Look for one with a timestamp around the time you connected. If so, I'll send it to Kobo along tshering's.
Hello Davidfor,

where can I find this file ?

Win XP does not show me such file.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #719
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
where can I find this file ?

Win XP does not show me such file.
The file can be produced when a crash happens on the device. If it is produced, it is in the ".kobo" directory.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #720
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
The file can be produced when a crash happens on the device. If it is produced, it is in the ".kobo" directory.
As I do not access the KT - no USB connection - I can not know if this file is created ...
This is the snake that bites its own tail ...

(Google translation, I am French, and I do not speak much English)