Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
blabla123
blabla123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
JBPatch and PDF-Question

Hello Folks,

I already jailb my KINDLE 4 Paperwhite and installed Mobipocket Creator on my pc. Now I´ll have a few questions.

1) Heard that JBPATCH will improve displaying pdf´s on the kindle. is it also available for Kindle 4 Paperwhite FW 4.1.0 or a similar tool?

2) I used Mobipocket Creator with a pdf-document and it looks good.
I´ll have about 200 pdf files to convert, so is there another good program (even better), which allows me to convert more than 1 pdf at the time?

thx!!!
blabla123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blabla123 View Post
Hello Folks,

I already jailb my KINDLE 4 Paperwhite and installed Mobipocket Creator on my pc. Now I´ll have a few questions.

1) Heard that JBPATCH will improve displaying pdf´s on the kindle. is it also available for Kindle 4 Paperwhite FW 4.1.0 or a similar tool?

I´ll have about 200 pdf files to convert, so is there another good program (even better), which allows me to convert more than 1 pdf at the time?

thx!!!
Ah, you really should learn what model of Kindle you are writing about.
Your info box says: Kindle 3
The prefix you used here says: K4
And you post about the "Paperwhite" - which is neither of the above.

Please start with this page, determine which Kindle you have:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
blabla123

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ah, you really should learn what model of Kindle you are writing about.
Your info box says: Kindle 3
The prefix you used here says: K4
And you post about the "Paperwhite" - which is neither of the above.

Please start with this page, determine which Kindle you have:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
im really sorry bro, its kindle:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007...284119-2999668
Old 02-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Kindle Black. No ads. Not the most descriptive of labelling, can see where the confusion arose

Code:
Display	Amazon's 6" E Ink Pearl display with optimized font technology, 167 ppi, 16-level gray scale
Size	6.5" x 4.5" x 0.34" (165.75 mm x 114.5 mm x 8.7 mm)
Weight	5.98 ounces (170 grams)
System Requirements	None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content
On-Device Storage	2 GB internal (approximately 1.25 GB available for user content). Holds up to 1,400 books
Cloud Storage	Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
Battery Life	A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off based upon a half-hour of daily reading time. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage
Charge Time	Fully charges in approximately 3 hours from a computer via USB cable
Wi-Fi Connectivity	Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Content Formats Supported	Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
Documentation	Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle User's Guide (pre-installed on device). Additional information in multiple languages available online
Warranty and Service	1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 2-year Extended Warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Kindle is subject to the terms found here
Included in the Box	Kindle, USB 2.0 charging cable, and Quick Start Guide
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
blabla123

can someone please help me? thx!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabla123 View Post
Hello Folks,

thx!!!
1) No.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175512

2) I do not know, but google might.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
can someone please help me? thx!
Top sub-sticky on dev sub-thingy.
k2pdfopt
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/link.php?t=189872

Code:
mkdir -p  /home/me/convertedStuff/PDF
for DOC in $(ls /home/you/docstoConvert)
do
k2pdfopt --someSettings $DOC
cp $DOC /home/me/convertedStuff/PDF/
done
Something like that? Warning. the average infant has more coding skills than me

http://willus.com/archive/k2pdfopt/help/

?

Last edited by twobob; 02-10-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: k2pdfopt
Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/link.php?t=189872

Code:
mkdir -p  /home/me/convertedStuff/PDF
for DOC in $(ls /home/you/docstoConvert)
do
k2pdfopt --someSettings $DOC
cp $DOC /home/me/convertedStuff/PDF/
done
Something like that?

http://willus.com/archive/k2pdfopt/help/

?
ah, you mean that top thread in the forum?
The one right below the sticky links?
Yeah, I am pretty sure it can do batch conversions, I had forgotten is all.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
ah, you mean that top thread in the forum?
The one right below the sticky links?
Yeah, I am pretty sure it can do batch conversions, I had forgotten is all.
wow I'm glad you quote AFTER I went back and added the done

could have been embarrassing