Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Angry Windows 7 and Caliabre and acsm

i hope someone can help me.
I have just bought a new computer (!) I cannot seem to get it to accept that I want to
a) download straight to Calibre
b) ipload to Cailbre as I cannot find where the books are. My computer reckons they are in donwloads, but cannot find them when I press the add books from Calibre.
c) they are acsm from WHSmith - sipposed to be EPUB and that is not being recognised.
Any suggestions for someone who is hopeless???
TIA
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Calibre can't handle acsm-files. You must install Adobe Digital Editions for such files...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Thanks for that. I have done it through ADE. To me, the old fashioned way!
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
Open the .acsm file with a text editor - even Notepad. You'll see that it's little more than a URL and long hex key(s). That file merely tells ADE part of the encrypted handshake with an Adobe Content Server to receive back an encrypted ebook - encrypted for your specific device(s).

Calibre doesn't now (and I hope never does) support DRM, so you're not going to get much out of an .acsm file anytime soon....

HTH,
Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
The .ascm file was just a pointer so ADE could grab the epub file. Now that you have used ADE to grab the ePub you can go to the directory where ADE stores the epub and drag/add it to Calibre for future management.

Calibre can't convert or view a DRM epub file. But you can do most everything else in Calibre including adding tags, series, collections, transferring it to your device etc...
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert