Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
MAS100
MAS100 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy uninstall

I need to uninstall Calibre. i do not know how, because i have tried looking for an uninstall file, and going into the add/uninstall programs thingey in control panel. i am runnin XP home.
MAS100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS100 View Post
I need to uninstall Calibre. i do not know how, because i have tried looking for an uninstall file, and going into the add/uninstall programs thingey in control panel. i am runnin XP home.
If Calibre was not in XP's add/remove list, you may have a failed (un-)Install or what you are still seeing elsewhere is user setting files that may be left behind. (A Library created by Calibre, will not be removed, those are real books stored there ).

BTW Welcome to the group
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
MAS100
MAS100 began at the beginning.

Device: none
huh? I haven't tried uninstalling calibre. If what you say is true, then how do i fix it?!?!?
MAS100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS100 View Post
huh? I haven't tried uninstalling calibre. If what you say is true, then how do i fix it?!?!?
I was trying to say that you had either a failed Un-Install or you had a Failed Install, if there was no Add/remove entry and the program left remnants.
Since you said that you did NOT un-install, you may have a failed install (did not complete properly)

Why do you need to un-install? Because it does not work right?

Try installing again (over what is existing) and see if it will complete, note down any error messages and post here.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I recently used Revo Uninstaller to resolve an unistall issue (not Calibre). It sorted out my problem.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
uninstal