Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
ssophon
Enthusiast
ssophon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
New Kindle Model?????

Is there any chance that the new Kindle will come out soon?

I am interesting in nook from BN but still want to know if there is any other choice especially from Kindle.
ssophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Kindle 2 just released in February and the new International version of it earlier this month. I don't think there will be a newer Kindle any time soon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
you just can't bet on what Kindle will and will not do at any given moment though.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
DX revision if anything (international ATT?)
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Honestly I thought we'd see a model for the christmas period. If nothing is released by mid November we can assume they have skipped a christmas product release and we won't see anything new till 2010.

The DX does need some improvements, that's for certain. The B&N device might be of concern to Amazon as would be the potential Apple tablet. So I don't think they would be sitting on their hands, but working feverishly on something hehe.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
ssophon
Enthusiast

I would say that if kindle has a new model that support more ebook format then I can leave with it. But for now I still cannot make a decision yet. I used to have a EZ Reader but not happy since it does not have a dictionary build in then I returned it. Now, just want to see if there is any ebook that better than kindle, sony, and new nook that will come out.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Since all the rendering is done via software, I don't see that they need a new model to add formats, just a software upgrade.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
ePub support and better pdf support would be nice...
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Perhaps they'll give us a firmware update (folders anyone) for Christmas. But, I'm not holding my breath.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #10
ssophon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Since all the rendering is done via software, I don't see that they need a new model to add formats, just a software upgrade.
I do agreed but the question is will Amazon will make a move on this.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
There's almost no chance of a new kindle model coming out anytime soon. Amazon doesn't do yearly updates like apple does and as stated before they technically just came out with the DX and the International version which is now standard with the semi recent price drop of 259. I'm pretty sure this is as good as it'll get and I don't even think Amazon will drop their price for the holiday season. They've already dropped it from 359 to 299 and now 259 in less than a year.
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #12
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
yeah. i'm thinking it will also come out not really that soon yet.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #13
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssophon View Post
I do agreed but the question is will Amazon will make a move on this.
That may be the question, but I was responding to the notion that it would require new hardware.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
ivon
ivon began at the beginning.

Device: i have just ordered an Ebookwise 1150 on ebay and awaiting delivery
Dear Friends,
I am new to the forum and have joined only today. It is my curiosity about the ebooks that has pulled me to this forum. I live in New Delhi (India) and have tried unsuccessfully to obtain an ebook reader here, though a number of PDAs, mobiles and other handheld computers etc. are avaialble. This interest was aroused in this gadget as i do bible reading a lot and need to jump quickly from one chapter to another; may be some of you would admit to this problem sitting in a live bible study class or a church.
My query is which is the most practical way to read ebooks by a not so serious reader, of course the top option would be to just buy an amazon kindle or sony but then do a busy traveling executive selling industrial goods really will have time to go through the 100 or more books that it can store? I am thinking why not a good PDA phone(as it is time to upgrade my plain 3120 classic).
Can you guys help me either to suggest a smartphone with good screensize to read books or suggest if Sony or Amazon or ebookwise is a good choice.
would appreciate if you can help me out of this decision making as i wish to get my hands on one of these at soonest.
ivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
ssophon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivon View Post
Dear Friends,
I am new to the forum and have joined only today. It is my curiosity about the ebooks that has pulled me to this forum. I live in New Delhi (India) and have tried unsuccessfully to obtain an ebook reader here, though a number of PDAs, mobiles and other handheld computers etc. are avaialble. This interest was aroused in this gadget as i do bible reading a lot and need to jump quickly from one chapter to another; may be some of you would admit to this problem sitting in a live bible study class or a church.
My query is which is the most practical way to read ebooks by a not so serious reader, of course the top option would be to just buy an amazon kindle or sony but then do a busy traveling executive selling industrial goods really will have time to go through the 100 or more books that it can store? I am thinking why not a good PDA phone(as it is time to upgrade my plain 3120 classic).
Can you guys help me either to suggest a smartphone with good screensize to read books or suggest if Sony or Amazon or ebookwise is a good choice.
would appreciate if you can help me out of this decision making as i wish to get my hands on one of these at soonest.
If you can get iPhone then that might be one of your choice since you can get a lot of software that can read an ebook from iPhone. I think that might be one of your choice if you don't want to go with eBook reader.