Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #211
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Yeah chicago,moved to phoenix ta get a winnin baseball team I guess my Karma is catchin up with me.But everyone I meet I shove one of my readers in their face. Cant help it , Im a zealot, the future is here and it ebooks.Im just pissed Im old and on tail end of my run. ha ha Charlie "crackers" Tall:
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #212
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Bears .... does that mean you are from Chicago-land? Hiya! Stick with the ebooks -- they have a better track record. (not that I pay attention to sports ... I only remember Michael Jordan, and the Frig and McMann.)
SORRY RESPONDED TO THE WRONG PERSON CRACKERS
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #213
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Bears .... does that mean you are from Chicago-land? Hiya! Stick with the ebooks -- they have a better track record. (not that I pay attention to sports ... I only remember Michael Jordan, and the Frig and McMann.)
Don't forget the Chicago Fire. It's a pretty good soccer team.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:50 PM   #214
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Oh Zelda, I feel for you. New keyboards are a pain.
I had to use a French keyboard over Easter and couldn't find any of the letters in the usual places. And I'm still trying to get the hang of the tiny keyboard on my eee (bought on impulse a couple of months ago).
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #215
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Zelda, should I put in a double order for those locusts?

Just so everyone knows, I'm not planning on waiting for input from this charming individual to do what I think needs to be done about the website. I'm used to collecting whatever input I can, then making the best decisions I can based on the (generally scanty) input and my own best judgment. I just get irritated when someone CHOOSES not to give input, then complains about the result-- and STILL chooses not to give specific input. <grumble mutter fume>
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #216
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Oh Zelda, I feel for you. New keyboards are a pain.
I had to use a French keyboard over Easter and couldn't find any of the letters in the usual places. And I'm still trying to get the hang of the tiny keyboard on my eee (bought on impulse a couple of months ago).
thank you patricia, i feel a little better knowing i'm not alone in my suffering. and i can sympathize with your plight on a french keyboard as well ; you should have seen me trying to use a qwerty keyboard it's even worse because probably half the letters are in the same place, so you really *want* to just type normally, but if you try you just get gibberish (or, as we say in azerty, "charabia"). good luck with your eee (suddenly significantly less tempted to buy one myself...).

my WORST keyboard story was the first time i made a ghost of my hard drive using a utilitary program which boots from disquette, does not support usb (so no mouse navigation : tab and arrow keys are your friends) AND only loads a qwerty keyboard driver. so i was typing qwerty blindly on an azerty keyboard ("où est le p*tain de "m", b*rdel ???? s*loperie !!!" there were a couple of keys i never did find). i did manage to do it though, and the name of my ghost file was even comprehensible (but as short as possible, and the next time i made a ghost i created the directory BEFORE rebooting from the disquette).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
oh, at LEAST double.
Quote:
Just so everyone knows, I'm not planning on waiting for input from this charming individual to do what I think needs to be done about the website. I'm used to collecting whatever input I can, then making the best decisions I can based on the (generally scanty) input and my own best judgment. I just get irritated when someone CHOOSES not to give input, then complains about the result-- and STILL chooses not to give specific input. <grumble mutter fume>
really ? why on earth would that irritate you ? it seems so completely reasonable and productive to me... (have some chocolate...)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-31-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: i swear the damned f key is defective on this f***ing keyboard
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:22 PM   #217
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
I'm out of locusts, but I can give you a great deal on a plague of tourists. If you order 2 parents and a kid, I'll throw in another 2 kids free. I'll go one better: I'll guarantee that the kids are hyped up on sugar.

What do you say?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #218
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hyped-up-on-sugar kids... 3 of them.... that could work for at least one client. how reliable is the kids homing device ? i mean, can you aim them effectively, or do they just wreak general ambiant havoc ?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #219
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, no, no. This offer is for a plague of tourists. You'd need to order at least a gross (144 family units).

I strongly urge you to check with the local government, and make sure that it has a disater recovery plan. If not, move before placing this order.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #220
zelda_pinwheel

well. 144 tourists would definitely drive *me* over the edge. oh wait, they regularly do, as we suffer "infestations" like that every summer (and during most school holidays). i assume the tourists you're proposing come with all the options, including my personal favorite : walking * r e a l l y s l o w l y * five abreast (=entire width of street) in front of me, preferably when i am in a hurry. luckily for me i don't live near the louvre or eurodisney, and i can usually avoid the areas suffering from the worst infestation.

nonetheless, if some kind of radio-guided system can be arranged, that *still* might be a good choice for retaliatory client harassment. perhaps we could arrange to lay siege to their place of business and / or home. /*me rubs hands together, diabolical-plot style.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #221
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Paris...oh, well.

I can't contract on that scale. The biggest tourist job I've had was 4 straight years of the Sundance Film Festival. Yes, I am responsible for ruining Sundance.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #222
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I can't contract on that scale.
you disappoint me, Nate.

Quote:
The biggest tourist job I've had was 4 straight years of the Sundance Film Festival. Yes, I am responsible for ruining Sundance.
that's quite an accomplishment. perhaps you can consider it training, and work your way up to larger venues.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:11 PM   #223
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Zelda, I had your keyboard problem some time ago. I use the same keyboard that I have for the past 20+ years. Originally called a Northgate, it is marketed today as an Avant Stellar. I have several that I have purchased over the years. It is built like a tank. It is easy to type on and very easy to use with the function keys on the left (where I like them better.) Along the top are 12 programmable keys that can be used for inserting text in programs or passwords if you want. It was expensive but over the years it has proven to be less expensive than the throwaway cheap keyboards.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #224
zelda_pinwheel

holy cow wood, that's some keyboard. i don't think i'm quite ready to invest so much, since for the same amount i could buy about 10 of the cheap keyboards i usually get, but i will take into consideration that perhaps keyboards, after all, are like vacuum cleaners, and the cheapest ones are not such a good deal as they seem... (i learned that lesson the hard way).

if i were really going to spend a lot of money on a keyboard, i secretly covet Das Keyboard* or possibly Optimus Maximus (although really, my desire for an Optimus keyboard stems mainly from the fact that the Art Lebedev studio is populated by insane geniuses and i would love to have something they designed).

in the meantime, i may just break down and buy another 15€ keyboard, but verify before i leave the store that it is the design i want (and pray the accursed F key functions correctly. and see, as if to mock me, i had to go back and fix this sentence because it read "unctions" and "as i to" and "ix").

*note the ideal configuration of the F keys at the top, the arrow keys in their own separate block, the presence of the numerical keypad... THAT is how a keyboard should look.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-01-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #225
zelda_pinwheel

Das Keyboard.

original Das Keyboard

modded Das Keyboard with custom "panic" and "any" keys.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness