Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #1171
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Hey I just found a good Amazon Local offer, 12 month xbox Live Gold for $35! I clicked "buy", waiting to see what I do next.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #1172
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
No one said it was going to last forever.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #1173
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
No one said it was going to last forever.
Is that a song lyric?

Hey, I got a half priced cover from Amazon for my K3 I wouldn't have bought otherwise - I'm happy!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #1174
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
They gave us really good offers (via ads) for a while but then they switched to crap no one wanted.
The ads on your device should auto die after 18 months. you have paid the 30 or 40 by then.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #1175
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Today's SO may be of interest to some (it shows up as a "local" deal, but I'm sure it's available to all localities:

Free Voucher Worth $30 off a Kindle Fire ($169 After Discount) Plus $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit. The voucher is available now, but it must be redeemed by June 15, 2012.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #1176
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Today's SO may be of interest to some (it shows up as a "local" deal, but I'm sure it's available to all localities:

Free Voucher Worth $30 off a Kindle Fire ($169 After Discount) Plus $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit. The voucher is available now, but it must be redeemed by June 15, 2012.
Thanks for the heads up, but it's not a Special Offer. A SO requires ownership of a SO Kindle and this deal doesn't have that requirement.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #1177
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
The ads on your device should auto die after 18 months. you have paid the 30 or 40 by then.

Is this true?
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #1178
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
No it's not true. The ads are there for good on your ad supported Kindle unless you pay Amazon to stop them, or do some kind of hack to try and disable them. I think ScotiaBurrell was just expressing his/her opinion that the ads should stop after 18 months.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 06-15-2012 at 11:58 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #1179
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With yesterday's announcement of new Kindles, it appears that Amazon is about to restart this long dormant program. If you click the Special Offers link next to the selection boxes for each Kindle, you'll see a pop up box that specifically mentions the model chosen. Expect to see model specific offers, since Amazon has done this in the past.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Keyboard.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Paperwhite.
  • ----------
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Fire.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Fire HD.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #1180
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Should those be clickable?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1181
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
Should those be clickable?
I didn't plan on it, because I can't figure out how to get it to work for a pop up box.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #1182
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
New Kindle Special Offer - use your Discover Card to buy any digital content and get a $10 gift card.

I'm not entirely certain you have to "sign up", but you can get the details emailed to you from your KSO. Any purchase of any amount seems to qualify (and presumably you can change your payment option back to a non-Discover choice after the one purchase).

It is limited to those who own a KSO, according to the (scant) terms and conditions.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #1183
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought a 99¢ title and switched the card back. We'll see what happens. Warned my SO about the SO so he won't be confused when he sees the bill!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #1184
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I think I spent $1.58 on mine (may have to run to Sam's this month, so I don't have to make a payment of such a small amount).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #1185
copyrite
Wizard

Oh dagnabit... that didn't work! I have credit from a gift card. Gotta use up the gift card first I bet!