Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
somedayson
somedayson began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Bible Gateway Reading Plans

I don't know if this would be of interest to many, but I'm trying to get the daily feed from biblegateway.com Bible reading program. What is unique is that their rss feed is different from many others. (no rss.xml at the end of the address like most rss feeds)

When I try and use the basic calibre feed creator, I'm only able to get the Bible headlines and not the full text from this page:

http://www.biblegateway.com/resource...n=1&version=31

Here's the code:

Spoiler:
class AdvancedUserRecipe1299354346(BasicNewsRecipe):
title = u'Daily Bible Reading'
oldest_article = 7
max_articles_per_feed = 100

feeds = [(u'Daily Bible Reading', u'http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/readingplans/index.php/feed/?plan=1&version=31')]

Is there any chance anyone could point me in the right direction in figuring out how to get the verses as content? Now I only get the daily reading plan with the chapter titles and headings (these are in bold), but not the Bible verses.

I know next to nothing about computer programming, but a few of you were nice enough to get me the information that I'm able to tweek the USA Today to get the articles I want.

I'm thinking it has something to do with it not having a rss.xml at the end, and that it only captures the content in bold.

Thanks for any help possible,
Matt
somedayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
somedayson
somedayson began at the beginning.

Device: K3
This trick from a sticky in another forum did the trick.

Thanks Kiklop74!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
Small piece of code to convert all links to text:

Spoiler:
Code:
    def preprocess_html(self, soup):
        for alink in soup.findAll('a'):
            if alink.string is not None:
               tstr = alink.string
               alink.replaceWith(tstr)
        return soup