Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
drwoood
Edge User

Unhappy Online store does not work if you don't live in US or Canada

I live in Australia and obtained my Entourage Edge via ebay. It works fine here but I just tried to buy a book from the online store. On the billing address form, the field for 'country' only included the US and Canada. And the form for 'state' only allowed two initials (most in Australia have three). I therefore was not able to buy the book.

This is really annoying

Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

You can send an email to sales@entourageedge.com to get some insight into the situation.

Meanwhile, I guess you do realize that you can get ebooks from many other places (see http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...p?1115-E-Books).

Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
Snow
Edge User

We are working on flipping the switch to other countries beyond Canada. While it might seem like an easy thing to do, we have to be cautious and make sure we cover all the scenarios. With that said, we are still hoping to do it soon. Just as a quick side note, many of our popular books have territory restrictions deemed by the publisher to only allow us to sell in the US or Canada. These same restrictions should be enforced (we've seen it) on other websites including Amazon.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
These same restrictions should be enforced (we've seen it) on other websites including Amazon.
I recently had to buy a book from another website (probably Kobobooks) that could sell it to me in Canada (possibly because I think they're a Canadian company, or at least with operations in Canada) whereas the enTourage store (my first stop ) listed it as US only (...because it's a US operation?). I'm guessing each website negotiates its own deal with the publisher regarding where a given book can be sold.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Snow
Edge User

There really isn't too much negotiation, the publisher tells us where it can be sold to and that's that. There's a good chance you may have been able to get that book from a website that wasn't properly enforcing territory restrictions OR that bookstore received a different feed with different territory restrictions OR that website's territory restrictions were outdated. Sorry for the rant.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Yeah. Publishers are actually getting worse rather than better