Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Kinjin
Kinjin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unexpected error

On my Kindle Touch, if I try to view a book description of a book that I did not purchase from the kindle store, I get an unexpected error. The books I've tried that get this error (everything I have not bought from Amazon) are in ,mobi format. Any ideas?
Kinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I never owned a kindle, but I have never seen book desciptions on the non-kindle devices I owned. Could it be that only amazon-books have the descriptions and that's why you get errors with non-amazon books?
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
This feature is for books sold by Amazon. It looks on the Amazon product page for that book for the description.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #4
Kinjin
Kinjin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
This feature is for books sold by Amazon. It looks on the Amazon product page for that book for the description.
Yeah, so in Calibre, I have it set to use the Amazon asin number as well as the isbn, and it still gives the error.

Example: I have the following eBook: http://www.amazon.com/Shadowheart-Fo...2214901&sr=8-1

Note, the one I have is in .mobi format, it was not purchased from Amazon, but it is this same book. All my metadata says it is this book, so shouldn't the Product Description point back to Amazon and display this data?
Kinjin is offline   Reply With Quote