Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
[Kobo Glo] kepubs and series (or: some kepubs invisible for Calibre)

Hi all,

I like the feature very much, that the Kobo Glo driver can put the series information into the device database, so that i can see which book comes next. This works for my epubs without problems.

But for my kepubs, there is a problem. First, I download my books purchased from kobo as epub as well and put them into calibre. Now, while connected to the reader device, calibre detects only few of these books. I mean, for example, I have 10 kepubs on my Glo, and these 10 books as epubs in calibre. But calibre sees only 3 of them on the device. Thus, it sets the series information only for this three books. The others remain untouched on the device.

Now, I don't even know if calibre should detect all of these 10 books - if it is a bug or a feature. Hm, to cut a long sentence short, the question should be: Is calibre able to set the series information for my kepubs?

Thanks a lot,
beedaddy
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #2
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Ok, I try to answer my own question. The epub in calibre has to have exactly the same name as the kepub. This is quite understandable since this seems to be the way calibre looks which books are on the device. I would be glad if it also looked at the isbn, so I could rename the epub to fit my needs...
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For books in the calibre library that you put onto the device using calibre, there is info stored elsewhere to allow the matching between the two places.

For books put on the device in other ways, including kepubs, calibre tries to match the book based on the author and title. There is no provision for matching on other metadata. Once the match has been done, the info is stored for matching from then on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
beedaddy
Zealot

davidfor, thanks for the clarification!

Tags
glo, series number