Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Eduardito
Enthusiast
Eduardito began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Any Masters of Cover Magic?

I am stumped. When I first put all my ePubs on NookColor about half got their covers. I updated all the Caliber book covers on the ones that didn't pass, turned epub to epub, did a rain dance, and plugged in the NookColor. Some of them got the covers on my NookColor, other didn't. I just kept changing the cover file on the ones that didn't get it and turning epub to epub, updating until more got accepted. But is there any rhyme or reason to this?
Eduardito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Please see this thread in the calibre forum (read the whole thing), but especially post #24 regarding making the change to the calibre location template. This might help you. It has worked for me for every book.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=110001&page=2
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
I've tried the epub to epub conversion but the covers don't always get updated for some reason. What I found to work (from another post I stumbed on) was a epub to mobi and back to epub conversion.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Eduardito
Enthusiast

I'm telling you it's like Magic!

Leday I had seen that post and wanted to try that but if all my books are already on the nook and it's self updating. Won't it cause problems? Creating all those subdirectories.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I deleted the incorrect books on my nook using Calibre, and then just re-sent them after the correction to the template location and epub-to-epub reconversion had been made, in effect starting with a "clean slate" as it were. I did this in batches of 5-10 books at a time, removing them from the NC device and then resending them, and the covers then were all there properly. Calibre is just making sure to send the books to the NC's own My Files/Books directory, where it stores your library. As far as I know, it does not create any more subdirectories.

Last edited by leday; 12-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Eduardito
Enthusiast

Oh cool. It seems curious that this works, I noticed that Caliber already sends the books to My File/Books. I will try it!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
Eduardito
Enthusiast

I'm officially stumped. I erase all my library from the Nook Color, converted all the ones that were not showing up on the Nook in Caliber from epub to mobi and back to epub, I transferred the files. Now the ones that didn't have covers have cover but the ones that had covers don't have covers! In hindsight I shouldn't erased all the books and just the ones that needed the covers. But since I can't erase books on the nook sometimes I can't remember which ones had covers and which ones didn't
Old 12-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
leday
Groupie

Try doing a reboot (power down and then power back on). Sometimes this happens to me but when I power it back up again the covers are back.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Eduardito
Enthusiast

Good Idea. Unfortunately I already erased the ones that didn't have covers! LOL I keep going back and forth. I will get it eventually.

Ok it worked!

I just realoaded a couple of books that didn't have covers and they came up with covers but the olds ones didn't so I did a hard reset and all of them showed up!

Last edited by Eduardito; 12-17-2010 at 11:24 AM.