Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Question How do I get new firmware for Boox M92?

Hi!

I'm still using the Boox M92 as it first came out a little over a year ago, and I understand new firmware has been made available since then.

I'm very fine with the way it has worked so far, and have happily read a few dozen books on it since I got it exactly 1 year and 2 days ago. (I just checked the invoice. )

But if there is any new firmware available which would make it even more attractive and handy, I wouldn't mind getting it.

I've no idea where to download it and how this works. I thought of asking Booxstor via his online-store where I bought it, but because anyone else might be interested in this "how to" issue, I decided to post it here.

Last edited by Lode; 01-23-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
New firmware updates and patches can be downloaded from this thread. It is maintained by Booxtor, an official Onyx Boox dealer, and my personal hero. Just follow the simple instructions.

Note: you have to have a standard "Onyx Boox M92 - Black" or "White" for this firmware to work. It won't load to the M92 "Black Pearl" which is sold by another vendor.

For customers in the United States, I recommend buying your M92 from all_cycle_world, a seller on eBay. They ship from Georgia via USPS Priority Mail and the M92 costs around $380 (includes eReader, cable, charger, and official Onyx leather case).

I know it is pricy, but the M92 has been my favorite eReader purchase of the last three years. It is great for reading academic journal PDFs and annotating right on the documents with highlights and scribbles. No other 9.7" eReader compares. I am considering getting the updated i62 HD that has just been released as well. I seriously hope Onyx Boox remains solvent as a company. I would like to see their eReaders (and new firmware updates) around for quite awhile.

Last edited by Isles8008; 01-25-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Just to avoid misunderstanding. Also white M92 may use official firmware from Booxstore.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Thank you both very much.

I have the white one. And I agree that for 9.7" screens Boox is the best choice.

As you can see, I joined this forum Feb. 2010. The only reason was that I wanted to follow the developments of E-Readers until I saw that there was one available I really liked. I had to wait nearly 2 years, but when I saw this one and thoroughly compared it with all the others that had come out, I knew this was the one for me.

It looks like there's plenty to get updated on in Booxtor's thread! Lots of new "firmware" for my brain to download/install first...

Last edited by Lode; 01-25-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Just to avoid misunderstanding. Also white M92 may use official firmware from Booxstore.
Thanks for catching that Mono! I edited my post.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote