Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
OI 2.2 - Slow

I installed OI 2.2. on one of my BeBook 1s. Overall I like some of the stuff it provides (like Favourites) but have noticed that it can be very slow with some tasks.

Moving from page to page of a folder listing seems to get progressively slower the further one gets down the list. A 20 second delay when trying to advance a page has been experienced.

The biggest problem I have noticed though is in opening large files. I have one Epub which after 45 minutes still hadn't opened in FBReader and which crashed out Coolreader totally. The same Epub on "Tirwal" firmware rather than OI opened using Coolreader in about 10 seconds. The Epub is 1.61 Mb in size and contains 12 xhtml files and 28 jpeg images.

Is this expected behaviour for OI 2.2 or would a "daily build" solve the problem - I prefer to keep to the "stable release" if possible.

BobB
Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
A recent daily build may solve your problems, but it's not sure. If you send me your epub file, I'll try to reproduce the problem.
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
A recent daily build may solve your problems, but it's not sure. If you send me your epub file, I'll try to reproduce the problem.
Thanks for the offer but as far as opening the EPUB goes I think I have bottomed the problem. Although it opens ok in ADE and other software the file was ill-formed. The individual chapters were based on <h2> and <h3>, I have changed them to <h1> and <h2> and also renamed one of the component xhtml files and all seems ok - I can open the file in less than a minute which is more in line with what I would expect.

This is what happens when you take a html book and just run it through Calibre, then tweak the TOC with Sigil without critically examining the structure

Thinking about the slow progress in displaying file details in the Bookshelf I guess this is because it has to extract the name and title from within each book before they can be displayed. In my case I had something like 180 zipped fb2 files in a folder. Would the sort order (date/A-Z) affect the speed appreciably ?

Thanks Bob