Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Some pretty amazing TI calculator programs

When I think of calculators, I still think of the basic functions. I haven't really used any of the newer and more sophisticated models. And I haven't programmed on one since my TI-56 and TI-59 days in the late 70's.

But calculators have come a long way, and one almost has to admit that in the realm of mobile computing they are a legitimate member of the family. I'm even more convinced of this after seeing some of the thousands of programs available for the TI-83/84 Plus models.

The web site TIcalc.org has some impressive archives of programs, and for many TI calculator models there are games, utilities and PIM programs. You can even play chess on a calculator. It's really amazing. You can find an alternate OS, or play baseball or do many other things I would never have expected on a calculator. Programs are written in BASIC, assembler and even Flash (although I have to wonder if this is the same Flash we think of on the web).

If you have one of the more sophisticated TI calculators, or are thinking of getting one and want some information, be sure to check out the site.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've known that site for many many years, ever since I bought the TI-89 (1998). Highly recommended indeed!
Advert
Old 01-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #3
leodbil
leodbil began at the beginning.

Device: none yet....
yup, I found a chemistry program there that does does just about everything but wash my beakers.

TI has a program for their calcs that allows you to cut and paste electronic content to a calc.

TI-Reader App
Features Summary
With the ti reader, you can read books, plays and other formatted text easily, right on your calculator. TI-Reader lets you:
• Read text with hyperlinks and embedded images on your calculator.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlighted text.
• Easily incorporate content and images from the Internet and other sources.

Anybody out there reading War and Peace on their TI-89?

bill

Last edited by leodbil; 01-09-2006 at 07:10 AM.