Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Free ebooks at eReader.com

www.ereader.com is running a December promotion by offering a free ebook for download every day. The only catch is that you have to create an account if you don't have one already.

Spread the word, this promotion could be a great way to expose people to ebooks for the first time with some great free titles.

Brian

[Editor's Note: Thanks for the tip Brian. Consider the word spread! Hmm... I wonder if there's going to be something similar at Palmgear and Pocketgear also? BobR]
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:43 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heh Brian I was just going to post about this, but you were faster.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2004, 06:45 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Let's hope they will be offering something else besides classics such as "Around the world in 80 days" and "A little princess"...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:04 AM   #4
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Let's hope they will be offering something else besides classics such as "Around the world in 80 days" and "A little princess"...
I agree, it would be nice if they gave away something in their promotion that wasn't already in the public domain and available for free at places like Project Gutenberg.

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:36 PM   #5
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
eReader app.?

I'm only vaguely familiar with eReader and a search of their website makes it seem like we have to use their special e-book reader to view the e-books. Somehow I thought that we could use our own e-book reader (iSilo, Palm Reader,...) or at least download the format that works for us. Am I confusing eReader with something else (like Memoware)?

I agree that offering up public domain works that are available elsewhere for free is kinda bunk. I think it'd be great if we could choose our daily e-book from topics that interest us. That'd speak more volumes of altruism and positive marketing than hoping to hook the target audience on books we already read in the 7th grade.

Anyways...
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2004, 04:24 PM   #6
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Well, today eReader.com offers Star Trek: New Frontier: Stone and Anvil. Although not my style, it is at least not a public domain book.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I agree it's about time, I agree. The normal listed price seemed a bit silly to me too (> $20 US!! ). I don't think so, Tim! I'd like to see some more non Star Trek SF, and some fantasy too, but won't hold my breath. In the meantime, I grabbed it of course.

I'll even get around to reading it one of these days... So many books, so little time...

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote