Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Cheers for that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
TickerFactory.com

I suggest scrolling down to the "Crafts/Hobbies" section and choosing the " Objects/Actions Counter".
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Cheers for that....
You're welcome!

So, does it count as reading a book in 2013 if you start it in 2012?

To help with my "One book a week" goal I'd like to start my first book of the year on Sunday Dec. 30th, giving myself until saturday January 5th to finish.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #18
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
For me, I'm going to finish the book I'm currently reading tomorrow and I won't start another until January 1st.

Last edited by ucfgrad93; 12-28-2012 at 01:22 AM.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #19
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
I count them based on when I finish them, I figure it will just average out in the end. I did note when it was started in my spreadsheet so that I know if it ever becomes a big deal (I know it won't, but I wanted to do it anyway)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #20
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I realised this year that there is no way I'll have the energy to keep up an actual list here as well as on my own blog + Goodreads, so I'm not going to join the list thread this time, but I think I'll set 120 books as my Goodreads challenge for 2013.

It should be fairly easy to achieve even when I don't have a lot of time or energy to read, so no pressure and no having to skip thicker books (not that I was skipping thicker books for that reason this year - I just don't care for doorstoppers at this stage).

My secondary challenge (mostly for my own amusement/interest) this year was to read at least one self-published book a month. I managed that, and I might keep that up in 2013 as well, but I won't make it a requirement to actually finish them.

I'd also like to get my TBR list down, not increase it even further, but... well. We'll see about that.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
No public challenges for me this year. Going to try to put the fun back in my reading instead of racing for a number. I will continue to record on both Goodreads and LibraryThing through the year.

That said, I've picked up a couple Warhammer 40K ebook bundles from Black Library that I'm planning to work my way through.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Not really a challenge this year, just a desire to keep track of what I read. I've done well with that this year, and I've found it helpful and interesting. I have no doubt that I'll read well over 100 books, but what I'd hope to see is a bit better mix of old/new and escape/classics. Not a challenge, it will happen if I at least keep track.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Part of my challenge next year will to read some history books and biographies of the soldiers involved in the Civil War. That period of time fascinates me. I already purchased a biography of Stonewall Jackson. Along the same lines is to read biographies of some of the more famous American Indians. I purchased a biography of Geronimo to get started with that. I believe that I will stick with my goal of 150 books of which 20 or so will be books covering these two topics.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
My goal for 2012 was not for books or pages, but for evenings I spent reading for pleasure. I found this particularly apt because I read a lot of short stories this year, and when I finish a short story I stop reading for the rest of the day.

However, making a note that I had read each evening was a bit of a chore, so I won't keep track of that again this year.

I have finished fourteen books this year, and may finish one more by Monday night. So my goal for 2013 will be finishing twelve books because the publishing industry considers an "avid reader" to be one who purchases twelve books per year.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #25
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Well I'll be damned. This guy stole my challenge and my list. Wtf.....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=26
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #26
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucarda View Post
Well I'll be damned. This guy stole my challenge and my list. Wtf.....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=26
Okay...that is a bit odd. Maybe its a case of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery!?!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #27
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay...that is a bit odd. Maybe its a case of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery!?!
More like sign of laziness to make your own damn list haha. Or lack of creativity to make up your own challenge.

The nerve of this guy/girl...

I dont mind though, but its weird
But in the end, if he/she does read these books all is good in the world, because some of these are real gems of fantasy
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #28
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
More like sign of laziness to make your own damn list haha. Or lack of creativity to make up your own challenge.

The nerve of this guy/girl...

I dont mind though, but its weird
But in the end, if he/she does read these books all is good in the world, because some of these are real gems of fantasy
Well in that case, maybe I should check them out too!

In fact, both Perdido Street Station & The Name of the Wind are already on my TBR list.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #29
Geralt
Witcher

Quote:
Well in that case, maybe I should check them out too!

In fact, both Perdido Street Station & The Name of the Wind are already on my TBR list.
Lol go for it.

I suddenly feel like the only kid in class with correct answers and everyone wants to copy
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #30
Moët
Nameless Being

I'm planning on getting through a few of the 'classics' next year (I'm thinking Middlemarch, War And Peace, Les Misérables, LOTR...), and I have a nasty habit of choosing doorstoppers without any idea of what I'm getting myself into.

As I'm a notoriously slow reader, I don't think that I'll read more than fifteen books (if that!). Due to the lengths of the individual books in my (loosely) planned to-be-read list, I'm doing a page number goal this year: 30,000 pages. It won't encourage me to gravitate towards shorter books, which I was doing quite a lot of this year.

Quote:
I suddenly feel like the only kid in class with correct answers and everyone wants to copy
For what it's worth, you've picked some fantastic books to read next year -- I can see why you have a few devotees.