Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

xoskins screen protectors

If anyone is looking for screen protectors the xoskins http://xoskins.com/ do the job as promised. Easy install, although I'm not sure I like the gloss on the reader - but I hate scratches. They really heal as advertised, the stylus left marks (as it does on all screen protectors) but, within hours they had disappeared. They have both the EE and the PE, one screen or both.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Dumas
Edge User

Thanks for posting your experience. I had read about these in other posts, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Are they just the right size, or is trimming required?

Also, did you observe any problems with calibration after installation?

I've read that some protectors improve the digitizer experience because of their "tooth". Did the screen protector interfere with handwriting in any way? What is your opinion on usability?

Last edited by Dumas; 05-21-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Exactly the right size. I've always felt a screen protector improved the experience of a resistive touch screen, less jumping around when you write/draw and less accidental openings. Plus it scrolls smoother. These do not have tooth, they are smooth.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Exactly the right size. I've always felt a screen protector improved the experience of a resistive touch screen, less jumping around when you write/draw and less accidental openings. Plus it scrolls smoother. These do not have tooth, they are smooth.
I'm interested. How hard are they to apply? I once had a screen protector that I tried install on my wife's phone and it was a pain in the a@#. Took forever to get the bubbles out.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I'm interested. How hard are they to apply? I once had a screen protector that I tried install on my wife's phone and it was a pain in the a@#. Took forever to get the bubbles out.
This is the type that goes on with a wet spray. The small bubbles disappeared within hours, the larger ones push out with a real rubber squeegee (not the little cardboard thing most others give you). There is a trick to not getting the annoying dust bubbles- after a shower (air is damp, dust is saturated to the ground) apply in the bathroom, alternatively, use a mister to spray the air in a small room (bathroom works great)

Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Michealj
Edge User

Thanks for the info Cheyennedonna, mine finally arrived this afternoon. I will be installing tomorrow and I appreciate your tips.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 05-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
socman123
Edge User

Thanks for the hint! I ordered my set for my EE two days ago. Will try the bathroom steamer gig! By the way, I finally located an extra battery since my many Google search attempts failed horribly. There is a company in Holland that has them in stock, and the price was 59 Euros, plus international shipping...I think it ended up costing me about double what a battery did cost in the USA. If the price for EE's on Ebay was cheaper, I probably would have continued to bid until I won one, but they still sell for between 3-5 hundred...and that's a bit too much for needing just a battery. I like having the extra battery life if needed. They have a lot of other EE and PE items, but I thought a bit too high priced. They are nice folks...even discussing time I spent in Holland in emails. Roger

Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
overfloat
Edge User

I installed these yesterday on my PE - I like the glossy screen.

Also - the contrary to expectations, the glossy screen shows no fingerprints whatsoever after extensive use. The matte unprotected screen got grubby real fast.

The only other thing I would mention is that the PE screen protector is just a mm or 2 shorter than I would like, this means I have a line across the bottom of my screen, which is fine until I rotate the screen.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
sammy2k
Edge User

I got the iPad screen protector pack ($2.99 for 3 pack) from Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D8GAA0) , cut it to the size of both the PE screens and applied them as instructed. Not a single bubble on any screen. They are perfect. I like the feel on the tablet side and the stylus movement is now very smooth now. Since the protectors are glossy, the reader screen has become shiny. Later, if not comfortable, I may get rid of it from the reader screen.