Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #106
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Could you please elaborate on this? I'm just not aware of peculiarities of the new firmware. Is it not possible to change fonts?
pkbo, first of all, again a million thanks for all your work!

as for the fonts: with my PB903 running the latest beta 2.1.1 firmware I am unable to change fonts. For instance, I try to change it to LexiaDaMa 32, but the program simply ignores it, showing some sans font (I do not know what it is). It looks like a mixture of Times new Roman (for headings) and some other sans font. I am attaching a picture of how the page looks after the change, and one of the settings.

You will also notice that the top of the page is cut off, but I think you are already aware of this problem.

Again, thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0006.bmp (487.6 KB, 345 views)
File Type: bmp scr0007.bmp (487.6 KB, 272 views)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #107
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Quote:
Do you mean 3x3 quick menu? The picture is wrong but the descriptions at the title of the menu window is correct? If it is what you meant this problem was from the beginning and I don't know how to fix it besides placing correct picture to the skin folder.
Yes it is.
I downloaded the extra skin file cr3-pb-skin51.zip with a picture file, cr3_pb_quickmenu1.png in it.
I think the this file in the skim folder worked in the previous version. But new cr3 doesn't recognize this file at all.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #108
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
3x3

Quote:
I downloaded the extra skin file cr3-pb-skin51.zip with a picture file, cr3_pb_quickmenu1.png in it.
I think the this file in the skim folder worked in the previous version. But new cr3 doesn't recognize this file at all.
I downloaded additional file "cr3_pb_quickmenu.png" (same name as yours, but without the "1") and put it into c3/skin --> this one is recognized by CR3.
But icons in this 3x3 menu are misplaced and not really suitable as well, so i re-arranged and changed it a bit with mspaint to fit:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cr3_pb_quickmenu.png
Views:	1059
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	72762  
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #109
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
New CoolReader Version 0.0.5-2 (only the executable file):

For 60x/90x/360 +
http://narod.ru/disk/15973720001/pkb...0.5-2.zip.html

For 3xx:
http://narod.ru/disk/15973701001/pkb...0.5-2.zip.html

White skin for version 0.0.5-2:
http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html

No change list given, but thanks anyway, pkbo !
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #110
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks sein!

@pkbo: the font problem must be with the book, as in other books I can change the font without problems - strange, as the book works with the font I want in the PB360. Anyhow, I think it shouldn't be anything to do with coolreader - and thanks for the new version!

Last edited by paola; 06-14-2011 at 05:14 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #111
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post

For 60x/90x/360 +
Please pay attention: this download is 983 KB, it is without the share directory.

Regs, Kuba
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #112
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Where I do install the skin on the PB902?
Quote:

For 60x/90x/360 +

For 3xx:
http://narod.ru/disk/15973701001/pkb...0.5-2.zip.html

White skin for version 0.0.5-2:
http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html

No change list given, but thanks anyway, pkbo !
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #113
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I think it shouldn't be anything to do with coolreader - and thanks for the new version!
Maybe, but maybe troll05 is right and its the same problem he was refering to. I will let you know if I'll find something.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #114
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No change list given
It should fix first line on the page clipping and problem with table of contents - when you cancel TOC dialog and change some settings affecting number of pages old page numbers will be in the TOC dialog when you open it again.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #115
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Where I do install the skin on the PB902?
You will need to download 0.0.5
Old 06-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #116
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

I have installed 0.0.5-2. You are recommending to downgrade to 0.0.5?

If that the case, what is the difference between versions?

And which directory I install the skin?

thanks pkbo!!
Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #117
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Quote:
I have installed 0.0.5-2. You are recommending to downgrade to 0.0.5?

If that the case, what is the difference between versions?

And which directory I install the skin?

thanks pkbo!!
The new version of 0.0.5-2—and also the previous 0.0.5-1 version—only have changes made to the executable file: cr3-pb.app. That's why those archives only contain the file that goes in the directory of: system\bin\ . An upgrade should replace the old cr3-pb.app with the new one in that directory. If you have installed v.0.0.5 previously, you need to do nothing else since no changes have been made to the files that go in directory of: system\share\cr3\ . Those files should remain there untouched.

If your installed version is 0.0.4-7 or older (or this is your 1st time installing CoolReader), you need to download v.0.0.5 first and install it, replacing all older files in both directories, and then replace only the executable file cr3-pb.app of the latest version. Here's pkbo's link:
Quote:
For those who want to change the skin for the new versions (which I really recommend), download it from this link: http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html. Unzip it first. Then delete all the contents of the directory of: system\share\cr3\skin\ and replace them with the files you've downloaded and unzipped. That's it.

I hope I've made it a bit clearer .
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #118
skydive
Addict

Thank you sein! I was following step by step de Cool reader upgrades, so I think i am covered.

I installed the skin and is awesome!!

The boot image is back!!! that's a very nice touch of pkbo and all that are working on this! it show the proudness of the hard work

Is working excellent.

What I need is a understanding of the controls of note taking, kind of confusing.

Also, when I review the notes on the cr3 note folder and I open the .txt file, there is some character added that I do not know if they replace actual letters or just additional to current letters. Also, I do not know how the notes are arrange, like the last show first, etc.

and finally, if when taking a note, it could be nice if the marked text for note be in a little bit darker gray shade so when i turn pages, i know there was a note. Just a suggestion, but I am please with the functionality as it is!

again thanks!! we will keep testing and providing feedback

Quote:
The new version of 0.0.5-2—and also the previous 0.0.5-1 version—only have changes made to the executable file: cr3-pb.app. That's why those archives only contain the file that goes in the directory of: system\bin\ . An upgrade should replace the old cr3-pb.app with the new one in that directory. If you have installed v.0.0.5 previously, you need to do nothing else since no changes have been made to the files that go in directory of: system\share\cr3\ . Those files should remain there untouched.

If your installed version is 0.0.4-7 or older (or this is your 1st time installing CoolReader), you need to download v.0.0.5 first and install it, replacing all older files in both directories, and then replace only the executable file cr3-pb.app of the latest version. Here's pkbo's link:

For those who want to change the skin for the new versions (which I really recommend), download it from this link: http://narod.ru/disk/15972635001/cr3-pb-skin51.zip.html. Unzip it first. Then delete all the contents of the directory of: system\share\cr3\skin\ and replace them with the files you've downloaded and unzipped. That's it.

I hope I've made it a bit clearer .

Last edited by skydive; 06-16-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #119
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi,
I just found out, that the problem I have with changing fonts I mentioned in post #98 is also true for the standard fbreader that comes with the device. I don't use it normally because I have fbreader180 from GreyNM, but with one particular page I wanted to look how the different reading apps handle this, and so I found out. I crosschecked with some other EPUBs, and same there, so the book I added may be considered a showcase. Font selection works excellent with fbreader180, Adobeviewer also shows some serif font, but fbreader and cr3 both show some kind of sans font and refuse to be changed
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #120
pkbo
Addict

sein thanks for the clarification.
Quote:
What I need is a understanding of the controls of note taking, kind of confusing.
I will try to explain. There are five possible actions:
  1. Move selection
  2. Increase selection by paragraph
  3. Decrease selection by paragraph
  4. Increase selection by phrase
  5. Decrease selection by phrase
There should be five icons on the bottom of the page representing possible actions and currently selected action. You can select the action by pressing left/right buttons of the joystick. Actions performed by pressing the up or the down buttons of the joystick. I guess moving is obvious. About increasing/decreasing selection. You may consider it as pushing|pulling selection boundaries. When you increase selection up button pulls upper boundary and down button pulls lower boundary. When you decrease selection up button pushes lower boundary and up button pushes upper boundary.
Quote:
and finally, if when taking a note, it could be nice if the marked text for note be in a little bit darker gray shade so when i turn pages, i know there was a note.
I agree it would be usefull, let me see what can be done here.