Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Hero Wanted

Free from Smashwords: Hero Wanted by Dan McGirt

Blurb:

Quote:
A rollicking fantasy romp across the Eleven Kingdoms with reluctant hero Jason Cosmo and cynical wizard Mercury Boltblaster. Forced to flee his home in Lower Hicksnittle and pursued by bounty hunters, demons, and the sinister Dark Magic Society, Jason goes from the bright realm of The Gods to the depths of the Incredibly Dark Forest to learn the awful truth behind the price on his head.
Funny read. Available in a lot of different ebook formats.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Thanks for this! It sounds like an interesting story.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just picked it up - the Mobi version.

Where's the cover?

I've started reading it, and it's MY kind of humor.

Thanks for the tip on this.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just picked it up - the Mobi version.

Where's the cover?

I've started reading it, and it's MY kind of humor.

Thanks for the tip on this.

Don
Agreed, this is one hilarious fantasy romp up there with the best of them!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, saw that there were three other Jason Cosmo books. but I couldn't quite figure out if Hero Wanted was a re-write of one of the others or if they are pre/sequels or such. Anyone who could clear this up?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
DanMcGirt
DanMcGirt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hmmm, saw that there were three other Jason Cosmo books. but I couldn't quite figure out if Hero Wanted was a re-write of one of the others or if they are pre/sequels or such. Anyone who could clear this up?
Hi! Glad you're enjoying the book. To answer your question, the original sequence was Jason Cosmo, Royal Chaos, Dirty Work -- all out of print now. Hero Wanted reboots/relaunches the series. It is a revision of the first title, Jason Cosmo. So you can safely ignore the existence of the earlier books, or track down used copies, as you prefer.
DanMcGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Drake
reading everywhere
Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CyBook Gen3, PocketBook Touch Lux
Thanks for the hint on this, sounds like a Gourmet-read
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
sleepy turtle
sleepy turtle began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just download it and plan to read it tomorrow. Here is the link for the cover www.jasoncosmo.com/?p=401
sleepy turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Downloaded the mobi-version. Thanks.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcGirt View Post
Hi! Glad you're enjoying the book. To answer your question, the original sequence was Jason Cosmo, Royal Chaos, Dirty Work -- all out of print now. Hero Wanted reboots/relaunches the series. It is a revision of the first title, Jason Cosmo. So you can safely ignore the existence of the earlier books, or track down used copies, as you prefer.
Hi Dan, thanks for clearing that up. And hopefully we'll see more about Jason Cosmo soon.

I truly enjoyed the book and had some very questioning looks from the significant other as to why I was giggling hystericly like a school girl while enjoying Hero Wanted.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcGirt View Post
Would it be possible to put Hero Wanted up on Feedbooks as Feedbooks does better a much better conversion to ePub?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
DanMcGirt

Thanks, all, for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying Hero Wanted.

Jon -- thanks for the suggestion about Feedbooks. I'll investigate and try to get the book posted there. I'm about to go on vacation for a couple of weeks, so it might be September before I can get to it.

In the meantime, if others have suggestions for your favorite ebook sites or formats that I should consider, please let me know, either here or write to Dan@JasonCosmo.com

I'm not super-techie -- this was the appeal of using Smashwords, which was a simple way to get multiple formats out there at once while maintaining my technical ignorance. But readers rule, and I want my book to be where you want to look for it. So I welcome any advice. Again, I may not respond for the next couple of weeks, but I will check back here. Thanks again! --Dan
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #13
DanMcGirt

Free copy of the print edition of Hero Wanted

One more thing -- I'm giving away 10 copies of the print edition of Hero Wanted through LibraryThing.com. To enter, you have to be a LibraryThing member (it's free to join) and request a copy by Sept 4th. They'll pick the winners and I'll send the books out.

This link should take you to the giveaway list. You may have to scroll down to find Hero Wanted:
http://www.librarything.com/er/giveaway/list#8666990

If you are a LT member, please stop by my profile over there and say hello.

Dan
Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #14
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
Great book, I'm currently enjoying it.

I whip through most books in an afternoon, but I'm taking this one a chapter a day, don't really want it to be over too quickly.
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #15
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
I finished it in 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great sense of humour

Have found and purchased the other two in the series. Looking forward to reading them although they wont be on my Ebook reader

Last edited by Kiwimick; 01-20-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: additional info
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote