Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #31
PeterSm
PeterSm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 non touch,paperwhite 10
Quick Question please?

Nice thread, even with the "arguments" and it helped me sort out an issue i had too with book names..
so thanks to everybody

my quick question(s) are..

Once you've done the search/replace..Do you need to Re-convert all the books again please ??
And should this update the physical windows file names ?? (I noted it seemed to do it on some...)

Last edited by PeterSm; 07-02-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: additionsal question..
PeterSm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSm View Post
Nice thread, even with the "arguments" and it helped me sort out an issue i had too with book names..
so thanks to everybody

my quick question(s) are..

Once you've done the search/replace..Do you need to Re-convert all the books again please ??
And should this update the physical windows file names ?? (I noted it seemed to do it on some...)
Windows filenames are case insensitive: so just changing the case will not be seen as a changed name by windows. I do case changes in 2 steps:
1) I change the case, then add a number to the End of the title (or Author), Save

2)I remove the number, Save
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote