Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Delapaz
Delapaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry Completing setup without registering

Is that possible?
I have updated the kobo firmware with kobo desktop, but can't complete setup, cause right now I have no need in registering to kobo store, so I exit the setup. Unplug safely kobo device, it installs new version (2.1.5). After that appears screen
"Welcome to Kobo
  1. Computer setup
  2. Wireless setup"
But all I want now is to read an epub i have in there. How can I get to home screen, to library? Do I really have to create an account before I can read anything?
Delapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
At your own risk, you can download this database file and copy it to the .kobo directory of your pc mounted Kobo (choose computer setup, connect to computer with USB cable.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?58l9aww871j5hr1
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
The bad news is that you must register. We've discussed this in an earlier thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196637
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Your mileage might vary but see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
1. Instlal SQLite3 and open the KoboReader.sqlite in the .kobo directory.

Give it this command:

INSERT INTO "user" VALUES('aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa','aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa','xxxx@xxxx.xx','xxxx@xxxx.xx','2aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa==');
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
The bad news is that you must register. We've discussed this in an earlier thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196637
I thought this concerned only the Glow (cf. post).

Delapaz, you can try this. Take however the most recent FW instead of 1.9.17.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Delapaz
Delapaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy

Quote:
Delapaz, you can try this. Take however the most recent FW instead of 1.9.17.
Thanks for this link. I tried the no-coding method but didn't find neither "KoboRoot.tgz" nor "manifest.md5sum", and no folder "upgrade" in ".kobo\" folder. I extracted and pasted, however, the upgrade files from .zip. And yes, kobo updated but result is the same I had before.

I guess I will have to go back to the factory defaults.

5 min later...
No! I must try the first alternative and then quit....

Oh the first method worked! THANK YOU sososososo much!

Last edited by Delapaz; 12-09-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Changing my mind
Delapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #7
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I am glad it worked for you.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote