Notices

Old 11-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
tapf!
Enthusiast
tapf! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Reader frozen, Reset doesn't help

Hello,

I've got a problem with my Reader Model 500. The last weeks I had to read a paper book for school, so I hadn't time to use my Reader. It was all the time connected to a USB-Hub for beeing charged. Yesterday I wanted to use it again, but it just shows the "USB connected" screen. It doesnt show any reaction when pressing the Reset button. When I switch the power button, the LED just blinks orange once. Also no reaction when I connect it to the PC.

Another thing I'm wondering of - I can push Power switch just half the way down - is this normal? I can't rember if this was always so.

Any ideas how to reanimate my poor Reader?

Best Regards

Fabian
tapf! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like a flat battery. Try plugging in the wall charger for a few hours and see if that helps.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapf! View Post
Hello,

Any ideas how to reanimate my poor Reader?

Best Regards

Fabian
HarryT is right. I had exactly the same problem with my backup reader Friday. Took it home, plugged it into the charger and left it couple hours. Works just fine again.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
tapf!
Enthusiast
tapf! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yeah that was it - I din't remember that the eInk Screen stays showing also when the battery is empty - I thought it would still be active.

Doesn't the Reader charge via USB? Or is the USB Hub the problem?

Best Regards

Fabian
tapf! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The 505 will charge a flat battery via USB, the 500 will not.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert