Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
ks-man
ks-man began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Nook Lending question

Can the Nook lend any book to another device or only a B&N purchased book?

Specifically I'm wondering if I can use Overdrive to borrow a book from the library, use the Nook to deal with the Adobe DRM and then lend the Epub book to the iPad. iPads can't use Overdrive since they don't support Adobe DRM but I wonder if using the Nook and the Lend feature would get around that.
ks-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks-man View Post

Specifically I'm wondering if I can use Overdrive to borrow a book from the library, use the Nook to deal with the Adobe DRM and then lend the Epub book to the iPad. iPads can't use Overdrive since they don't support Adobe DRM but I wonder if using the Nook and the Lend feature would get around that.
no this is not possible.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

No because you can't lend a library book.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
ks-man
ks-man began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfry View Post
no this is not possible.
Ok, thanks.

Just confirming though, the issue is with the iPad and the DRM, right?

The Nook can take out Overdrive titles and can also lend other (purchased from B&N) books to the iPad, correct?
ks-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
rdfry
loving the books

Quote:
Ok, thanks.

Just confirming though, the issue is with the iPad and the DRM, right?

The Nook can take out Overdrive titles and can also lend other (purchased from B&N) books to the iPad, correct?
Yes the Nook does overdrive perfectly.
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
The problem lies with the publisher.

You can only lend B&N-purchased ebooks. And, the publisher of the book has to approve that the books bought can be lent within the B&N network.
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
RyanMWilliams
Author
RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook WiFi
Nice to know it works with Overdrive. The Nook is looking much, much better all the time.
RyanMWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote