Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
NickS
NickS began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Cropping a header and footer from a PDF (Page numbers etc)

The only copy of 'A History of the Russian Revolution' by Trotsky i can find has page numbers and chapter titles as headers and footers and as we all know this is ok for reading on the computer but crap on a mobile reader.
Is there a simple way i can get rid of this?

Thanks
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Briss has a nice interface to quickly crop an entire book. BRISS is described in a post to this (PDF) forum. It creates a cropped PDF as its output.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Works pretty well. I'm going to try loading it to convert to mobi via Calibre - when you do a pdf directly it works fine except you get the headers and footers in the middle of a paragraph. Using Briss to take them off should help with that.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote