Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Has a plan been figured out how to handle all the "reps" of device makers/retailers?

Just had a thought that there is a potential issue looming on the horizon. Until now there probably was not much of a problem dealing with posts from device makers/distributor/whatever here on MR. But soon they will begin descending on the site since it's pretty much one of the hubs out there for reading device info.

I just wanted to mention it might be nice to setup an SOP in dealing with someone who comes claiming to represent a device. Some vetting would be nice in order to protect members as well as figuring a way to work them into the device forum...but splattering the site with the same "Here I am" posts could begin to get problematic and downright unsafe should a scammer try and take advantage of the upcoming boom in devices. Clone sites, look-alike sites, vaporware sites setup just to take "pre-orders" and *poof* there goes the cash in 30-days or less....

I realize the membership is pretty good at sniffing out fakes...still there is the potential clutter issue as well.

Anyway, just some thoughts of the occasional user...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Is there a way with the forum software to assign them a title and a color of it (like the moderators have green) that cannot be changed. Then after some sort of vetting a moderator could set that up for them.

As far as what the vetting process could be ..... short of a phone call... no idea
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert