Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I think I'm in love....

I've had my Kindle not even a full week, and I already love the thing to pieces(almost as much as my Ipod, and that's saying something). I go to the library every Saturday and the pBooks that I've taken out have been sitting neglected...One of these pBooks in particular has been making me feel very guilty.

So tell me, does the passion lessen somewhat or am I doomed to feel an unnatural affection for my Kindle?
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Actually, I think that kind of "unnatural" love is not related to the Kindle. I've had my BeBOOK for a bit more than a week now, and I find it very hard to ever let go of it. Wife is getting a bit upset with me for that as well

But seriously, I think investing in an e-book reader is about the best thing i ever did! And I seriously hope i never fall out of love with the thing!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i confirm that they do seem to be addictive, regardless of the brand ! but you could be addicted to worse things so i won't try to talk you out of it...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i confirm that they do seem to be addictive, regardless of the brand ! but you could be addicted to worse things so i won't try to talk you out of it...
True, you could be addicted to weird practices involving hedgehogs and custard... but lets not go there...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
True, you could be addicted to weird practices involving hedgehogs and custard... but lets not go there...
Someone already went there.

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...hog-L2109.html
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
see ? i bet you feel better about being addicted to your liseuse now, don't you...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Oh my, that is just disturbing.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've gotta warn you, the addiction only grows stronger. Mine has become an extension of my hand! Seriously, if I am only sitting and watching TV, I like to have it sitting beside me turned off. Just lying there in a comforting way on the end table. Every now and then, I'll click it on, check the battery charge, read a page, then flick it back off when the commercial ends.

I'm an American, but I've found something I'd rather do than watch TV. Shocking, true, but y'all have also been lured into the e-lifestyle now. I haven't spiraled into addiction enough to start dressing mine up in new clothes, like a lot of the cover designers here. Yet.

Happy Reading!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I've had my Kindle not even a full week, and I already love the thing to pieces(almost as much as my Ipod, and that's saying something). I go to the library every Saturday and the pBooks that I've taken out have been sitting neglected...One of these pBooks in particular has been making me feel very guilty.

So tell me, does the passion lessen somewhat or am I doomed to feel an unnatural affection for my Kindle?
You are doomed. I've had mine for 4 months now, and the passion doesn't lesson. Library? We don't need no stinkin' library!
Actually, yes we do. I'm told, that we can download library books to our laptops, thence to our Kindle.
I've figured out how to download to laptop........now must ferret out how to make it run to Kindle..........run little book, run!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ummm, how is that weird?
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #11
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You are doomed. I've had mine for 4 months now, and the passion doesn't lesson. Library? We don't need no stinkin' library!
Actually, yes we do. I'm told, that we can download library books to our laptops, thence to our Kindle.
I've figured out how to download to laptop........now must ferret out how to make it run to Kindle..........run little book, run!
If you want me to walk you through the steps to getting your library books working on your Kindle, just let me know.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm an American, but I've found something I'd rather do than watch TV. Shocking, true, but y'all have also been lured into the e-lifestyle now. I haven't spiraled into addiction enough to start dressing mine up in new clothes, like a lot of the cover designers here. Yet.
I usually leave my Kindle in the "throne" room. That's were I do most of my reading. Usaually outside of that room I am on the PC or watching TV. Of course, if we travel I will bring the Kindle, but we don't do that alot.

I actually know when a book is "really" good (IMNSHO) if I am reading it outside of the "reading" room rather than watching TV or on the PC. I haven't read a book like that in a while. I think _Four and Twenty Blackbirds_ is that last book I just had to finish once it go to a certain point.

Perhaps I'm not picking the right books. But, I do enjoy the Kindle.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
If you want me to walk you through the steps to getting your library books working on your Kindle, just let me know.

cheers
You are wonderful. Yes I would love for you to. Gotta go take care of a sick grandbaby today, but will pm you later. Or should we post this publicly for the edification of others who are as clueless as I? (me?)
Old 09-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I usually leave my Kindle in the "throne" room. That's were I do most of my reading. Usaually outside of that room I am on the PC or watching TV. Of course, if we travel I will bring the Kindle, but we don't do that alot.

I actually know when a book is "really" good (IMNSHO) if I am reading it outside of the "reading" room rather than watching TV or on the PC. I haven't read a book like that in a while. I think _Four and Twenty Blackbirds_ is that last book I just had to finish once it go to a certain point.

Perhaps I'm not picking the right books. But, I do enjoy the Kindle.

BOb
WAY more info than we wanted to know, I"m sure.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post

cheers
I actually spent about an hour last night trying to figure out how to use the ebooks from the Los Angeles Public Library. What a mess. Their site(s) don't make it easy to find you way around. I may have to write an email.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!