Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
patrickmullin
patrickmullin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Collections on Kindle 4 (non-touch)

Please ignore this thread

I have just realised that I need to set the Kindle to sort the books by collection...

Hope that no-one wasted too much time reading the below.

Patrick
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I thought it better than to hijack the existing ones.

I am setting up a brand new Kindle 4 using Calibre 0.8.27 and the only plug-in that I have is Kindle Collections 1.7.9

I have sent all the books in Calibre (974 of them) to the Kindle, using a metadata plugboard to set the title = {series_index:| #| - }{title}{series:| - | }

I have then created the collections using the plug in, based simply on the author field, with a minimum of 3 books per collection.

Restarting the Kindle after creating the collection shows the collections initially, all with 0 entries. As the Kindle loads up, these collection headings are updated with the correct number of books.

However, shortly afterwards, the display changes to viewing the individual books, with no sign of the collections anymore.

Is there something that I am doing wrong here? I have previously used the exact same steps with an older Kindle (3 ?) and it worked perfectly..

Many thanks for any help,

Patrick

Last edited by patrickmullin; 11-23-2011 at 06:42 AM.
patrickmullin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle4