Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklammer View Post
PM me if you want my conversion results - I don't want to take the thread more off-topic than it already is. There actually is a thread for begging in the "E-book Uploads" parent forum, you know. ;-)
Hi cklammer, thanks for your kind offer... I believe what people are asking for, though, is Jellby's carefully proof-read text and hand-crafted HTML/CSS/epub which we wouldn't get from a straight machine conversion.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
Machine converted? Yes, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Hi cklammer, thanks for your kind offer... I believe what people are asking for, though, is Jellby's carefully proof-read text and hand-crafted HTML/CSS/epub which we wouldn't get from a straight machine conversion.
Machine converted? Yes, but from hand generated Orwell books in lrf format here from mobileread ... and until jellby gets around to doing 1984 (and thank you so very much for your "Animal Farm" version, Jellby - it is magnificent) this is the only alternative.

And Jellby said that he would have to read "1984" before doing it - so you want him to read "1984" over Christmas ... that's real hard.

"1984" Should be read in middle-to-late November or early January to coincide with the season's mood then ... just my 0.02$
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:23 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
And Jellby said that he would have to read "1984" before doing it - so you want him to read "1984" over Christmas ... that's real hard.
I guess I'll have to do 1984 some day, but as I said I have the read (some years ago, though) still recent in my head, and I watched the movie even more recently... If someone gives me a proofed HTML version with curly quotes and dashes, I'd be glad to make an ePUB, however
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #19
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I guess I'll have to do 1984 some day, but as I said I have the read (some years ago, though) still recent in my head, and I watched the movie even more recently... If someone gives me a proofed HTML version with curly quotes and dashes, I'd be glad to make an ePUB, however
Hmmm ... I don't have a pbook where I am at. But why not use Shellshock's "Orwell, George: Nineteen Eighty-Four. v1.1. 24 June 2009" LRF version from LRF ebook upload subforum and explode it to HTML using LRFtools? I seem to recall that that one has been proof-read by shellshock.

There is also a PDF version here.

And radius can always do some additional proof-reading ...

Last edited by cklammer; 12-26-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Volunteered somebody else
Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmmm ... I don't have a pbook where I am at. But why not use Shellshock's "Orwell, George: Nineteen Eighty-Four. v1.1. 24 June 2009" LRF version from LRF ebook upload subforum and explode it to HTML using LRFtools? I seem to recall that that one has been proof-read by shellshock.

There is also a PDF version here.

And radius can always do some additional proof-reading ...
I wouldn't mind signing up for proofing (well, for spelling and mis-OCRed words; I don't have a paper copy to check against). If I'm going to read the whole book though, I'd probably make my own epub version

Whats wrong with reading it during Christmas?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
cklammer
Zealot

Ahem, is that a trick question?

Quote:
Whats wrong with reading it during Christmas?
That is what I first wanted to post: "Ahem, is that a trick question?"
Just like when your wife asks you if you find her sister attractive .... but since you are not married to me, here goes:

I found '84 a really depressing story the last time I read it. Just totally flying in the face of Christmas spirit!

Christmas for me is totally family time.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #22
radius
Lector minore

Quote:
That is what I first wanted to post: "Ahem, is that a trick question?"
Just like when your wife asks you if you find her sister attractive .... but since you are not married to me, here goes:

I found '84 a really depressing story the last time I read it. Just totally flying in the face of Christmas spirit!

Christmas for me is totally family time.
To me, it's about how even under the most hostile and oppressive conditions, love still manages to bloom, so its not depressing at all. And it even teaches that you just can't buck the system.

Besides, its a good antidote to all those It's a Beautiful Life re-runs on television

P.S. I find my wife's sister to be extremely unattractive, but since she shares DNA with my one-and-only, I'm forced to choke out that I find her "hot"; is that the right answer?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
cklammer
Zealot

Quote:
To me, it's about how even under the most hostile and oppressive conditions, love still manages to bloom, so its not depressing at all. And it even teaches that you just can't buck the system.

Besides, its a good antidote to all those It's a Beautiful Life re-runs on television

P.S. I find my wife's sister to be extremely unattractive, but since she shares DNA with my one-and-only, I'm forced to choke out that I find her "hot"; is that the right answer?
In my universe it is definitely not ...

Maybe I did not make that point very well: substitute "my sister" with "our housemaid" ...

Tags
animals, communism, fable, politics, satire