Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old Today, 09:19 AM   #10576
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwardgd View Post
yep things are definitely changing code wise. We definitely need some more international multiuse codes or by this time next year i'll be using something else and i don't want to be, i cant stomach amazon. Also why don't kobo do reviews?

30% uk code i dont need: 224LNY
I don't think they will ever bring back codes that work on big 6 internationally or anywhere. From what I've read those were never supposed to work because per agreement with the publishers they are not allowed to discount. They have wanted agency to come back in the US because supposedly they have agreed not to discount and it puts them at a disadvantage.

That said there are some small publishers where the codes should work internationally and maybe after they close the gaps/leaks they will open that back up. But, progress is slow and since they got it wrong the first few times they may not be too eager to open it back up.

FWIW as an author I don't set different rules for different regions. I just set the thing to "Go for all regions." The price gets calculated based on the exchange rate. I can alter that some to make the prices look "normal." For example I can set the US price to 2.99 and Canada will be 3.12. So I can go in and make it 2.99 in Canada so that it doesn't fluctuate or look like an exchange rated price.

It is possible to choose NOT to sell in a particular region. I'm sure Kobo acts as the distributor for the larger publishers, but I'm also sure those publishers set the rules and they have to abide by the stupid "geo-restrictions" that are legacy for all trad publishers. They aren't going to be letting go of that any time soon.
BearMountainBooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals