Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #286
moretap
moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KPW 2013
I'm really excited about the 3.4 release of KCC, particular in how it can directly open CBR, CBZ, etc.

But the previous release was able to open, this new one immediately crashes for me. I'm running OS X 10.7.5.

Last edited by moretap; 10-15-2013 at 02:40 PM.
moretap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #287
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
This bug report is completely inaccurate considering that older versions can't use file association. So I don't understand your problem at all.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #288
moretap
moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.moretap solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Sorry, I didn't mean open the files, I meant open at all.

Starting with the newest release, the application no longer starts up.

EDIT: I sent a problem report via private message.

Last edited by moretap; 10-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #289
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any error? Anything? KCC is created for OSX 10.8.x but I don't see any reason why it should not work on slighty older releases.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #290
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.5 is out!
  • Added simple content server - Converted files can be now delivered wireless
  • Added proper Windows installer
  • Improved multiprocessing speed
  • GUI tweaks and minor bug fixes
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #291
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Re-uploaded more user-friendly Linux package.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #292
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #293
moretap

This program gets great results and really opens up a new use for my e-reader.

I'm trying to experiment with the various options for conversion.

I've tried the upscale mode, but have gotten annoying borders, so tend to now use the stretch mode. I haven't noticed any unpleasing distortion of the images. Most comics tend to be around the same proportions of the e-reader screen.

I've set horizontal mode to keep the pages together.

Now the one thing I'm trying to test is adjusting between normal, high, ultra, and PNG modes. I started by using only ultra, but have had a few files need to be split into two files because they reached the 300MB limit. But I use the panel zoom so normal quality may not be good enough.

Last edited by moretap; 10-31-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #294
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm glad you like it :-)

As long you will use one of three following directory structures KCC will split too big batches automatically.

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-22-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #295
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I need feedback. Anybody here with PW1/PW2 tried to upload files made by KCC using Calibre? It is working?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #296
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I'm using the latest release for Mac, and I can no longer convert to mobi? There is no option to select mobi on the drop down menu for file type when converting pdf or cbz files.

Is this supposed to be the case?

I recently switched to Mac, so I may be missing something. If you know what, that'd be super

ETA: Nevermind, I got it! Didn't have the kindlegen file in usr/local/bin, which I couldn't find at first (thank goodness for google haha)

Last edited by 7hir7een; 11-01-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Problem solved!
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #297
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I need feedback. Anybody here with PW1/PW2 tried to upload files made by KCC using Calibre? It is working?
If you mean adding the KCC-generated file to Calibre and using Calibre to send to device, that's what I do and it works great on both PW1 and PW2.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #298
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. Thanks. After uploading them using Calibre they have Personal tag?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-02-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #299
7hir7een
Reader of Books

They do not, which I very much like.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #300
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. Thank you.

I received information that Calibre corrupt MOBI files created by KCC but looks like it is another PEBKAC :-)

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools