Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
peyeR
peyeR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Cover paradox in validation

Hi, i'm currently making a epub file in french language.

The epub works properly but i have an error when validating.

It says that my cover.jpg doesn't exist in the manifest, but it is well declared into the manifest.

Here are the error messages, i have both at the same time, and they pointing an issue about OEPBS/Images/cover.jpg :

"This resource is present in the manifest, but it's not reachable (it's unused)"
"This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF manifest. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to the file exists in the epub"

in the manifest (content.opf), the line about the cover:

item href="Images/cover.jpg" id="cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"

The line in the .xhtml of my cover :

img alt="" src="../images/cover.jpg" width="100%" height="100%"

Of course, i did put cover.jpg in my Images/ folder. And declared with right-mouse clicking my first page as my cover. I don't understand what is happening here.

May someone help me? Thanks a lot, i've just been subscribing but i have been reading this forum for quite some time !
peyeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peyeR View Post
Hi, i'm currently making a epub file in french language.

The epub works properly but i have an error when validating.

It says that my cover.jpg doesn't exist in the manifest, but it is well declared into the manifest.

Here are the error messages, i have both at the same time, and they pointing an issue about OEPBS/Images/cover.jpg :

"This resource is present in the manifest, but it's not reachable (it's unused)"
"This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF manifest. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to the file exists in the epub"

in the manifest (content.opf), the line about the cover:

item href="Images/cover.jpg" id="cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"

The line in the .xhtml of my cover :

img alt="" src="../images/cover.jpg" width="100%" height="100%"

Of course, i did put cover.jpg in my Images/ folder. And declared with right-mouse clicking my first page as my cover. I don't understand what is happening here.

May someone help me? Thanks a lot, i've just been subscribing but i have been reading this forum for quite some time !
Try making the case of "images" the same in all places.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
peyeR
peyeR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
i just noticed that my second error indicates the source Text/images/cover.jpg.

So i changed the .xhtml src to "../images/cover.jpg" and it worked !

Thanks a lot for your help !
peyeR is offline   Reply With Quote