Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Coach88
Coach88 began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Playbook Kobo
Question Kobo and Blackberry Playbook

Apologies if somewhere somehow my questions have already been answered... However, believe me, I've searched. I understand how forums work, I turn to them for various problems i encounter in the tech world. In this case, i'm a novice in the e-book community and find it difficult to find a solution to my situation... Thanks in advance for reading and suggesting solutions if you have any Here it goes...

I own a Blackberry Playbook and have the Kobo Reader app installed on it. I purchased and downloaded my first book for it recently. My wife did the same thing. Now she wants to buy a Kobo touch like her friend has.
  1. Is it possible to "transfer" her book from my account to hers?
  2. Are the books stored somewhere on my playbook or my PC?
  3. If so... where?
  4. is it possible to transfer a non DRM e-pub from the Kobo touch to the Playbook?
  5. How do i know what format the books i purchased are in?

While searching the forums yesterday, I found a thread concerning "Calibre". I downloaded and installed it. It seems to be working ok since i was able to read a e-pub book with the Calibre reader on my PC. I couldn't open it before. When i sent it to my playbook, the headings (Chapter titles etc) were cut off but the body of text was all there until i reached page 12 of 1408... Page 12 and up were blank on the Playbook using the Kobo App. On the PC it came out fine...

Any suggestions is helpfull and appreciated!

Coach88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Coach88

Clarification....

Originally, my wife downloaded her book under my account. Her book shows up in my library. Now she has her own account and we would like to take her book out of my library and have it show up in hers... It's a girly book! lol
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Unfortunately because of DRM the book she bought on your account will stay linked to your account (even though it is on her reader). Calibre is only half of the solution, Google apprentice alf.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 07-03-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Coach88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Unfortunately because of DRM the book she bought on your account will stay linked to your account (even though it is on her reader). Calibre is only half of the solution, Google apprentice alf.
May i ask what the other half of the solution might be? I never heard of Google apprentice alf... is that the other half of the solution?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach88 View Post
May i ask what the other half of the solution might be? I never heard of Google apprentice alf... is that the other half of the solution?

Thanks
It really pays to pay attention...

go to www.google.com ... type in apprentice alf ... click on first link (should be a blog) ... read ...
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Coach88

Bad case of i can't see the forest through the trees... Sorry!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
QCgirl
QCgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2.5.8 and Kobo on Blackberry Playbook
I don't necessarily want to remove the DRM feature, but I wonder how to upload epub books to the Kobo app on my BB PB and to my Android device. I have figured out how to get mobi books to my Kindle device but not from there to my Android device. Any suggestions? Maybe I am just dense! Thanks.
QCgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-pub, kobo, playbook