Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Inserting Metadata Issues

I'm usually converting Mobi to AZW3, however, I've seen the same thing happen converting from EPUB and the antiquated Tpz as well.

The issue #1: An odd "ghosting" or double posting of the tags, but in white, and with additional letters, beneath the original listing of tags, on the page generated when you choose to insert the metadata.

Please see image:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 7.32.33 PM.png
Views:	205
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	130019
[CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE]

Issue #2: The option to insert metadata doesn't always stay checked. Sometimes I have to go back and click on it again.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe the duplicated tags are to enable searching of some kind, but the details elude me.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is deliberate, it allows you to search for individual tags across all books by appending ttt to them, without spurious matches from inside the book text.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That is deliberate, it allows you to search for individual tags across all books by appending ttt to them, without spurious matches from inside the book text.
Oh! So while using my Kindle Paperwhite I can use the search option to find all of my "Action & Adventurettt" books?

That's pretty darn cool!

I guess I can deal with an uglyish page for an awesome function.

Thank you.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:26 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I figured out a way to make that formatting less ugly, at least on newer formats like EPUB and AZW3, https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ae6b4e06ac183c
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
I figured out a way to make that formatting less ugly, at least on newer formats like EPUB and AZW3, https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ae6b4e06ac183c
Firstly, thank you for even looking into a way to pretty it up.

Secondly, is this an update I can download/install, or do I copy/paste the code manually?

I would appreciate a walkthrough, please & thank you.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just wait till the next release (normally every Friday). This is just the standard way that Kovid let's you know it has been fixed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just wait till the next release (normally every Friday). This is just the standard way that Kovid let's you know it has been fixed.
Ah, true. Ok. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Looks great! Thank you!!