Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
DesiLinguist
Computational Linguist
DesiLinguist doesn't litterDesiLinguist doesn't litter

Device: iLiad BE, iPhone, Kindle DX
Kindle DX restarts when connected to PC

Hi All,

I have just had the DX for a day now and I noticed that one of the times that I connected the DX to my iMac, the kindle just rebooted on its own without giving any error ... just said "please wait while your kindle restarts". I am not sure what happened there. However, it booted back up and then worked just fine. Has this ever happened with anyone on any of the Kindles (1, 2 or DX)? Any idea if something is wrong with the Kindle or if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks.
DesiLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I had the same problem today when I unplugged the Kindle DX from the USB and then quickly plugged it back in again. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but it's obviously a little touchy!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
DesiLinguist
Computational Linguist
DesiLinguist doesn't litterDesiLinguist doesn't litter

Device: iLiad BE, iPhone, Kindle DX
Thanks for the assurance, sirbruce! That makes me feel better.
DesiLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Elphaba
Disney Addict
Elphaba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I noticed this happen yesterday on my K2.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote