Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
pinkblondi
Banned
pinkblondi began at the beginning.

Device: pinkblondi
How to stop staring at my laptop screen?

Hi, I just have one wish, to unplug from the web and come back into the real life! Where is my blue pill?
I'm a 21 years old massagist from NY, and when I come back after work, tiered from standing all day long, I just turn on my laptop, and suddenly, it's 2 am. How do you manage to keep your offline life, when you have a pc at home?
My obssesion is icq, blogs, myspace and any web place where you can meet interesting people. Forums are new to me, but I thought to give it a try.

ps: I'm a total newbee at forums, so I'm sorry if posted in the wrong place, just got here and saw this one.. Please be kind to show me the right place where you can just talk with people.
pinkblondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
WELCOME pink!
I know how you feel at times, but sometimes you have to have self control and acess whats more important for you at the present moment (Sleep?!). I know social networking is currently the in thing to do, but how much are you gaining in looking at so and so's prom pictures? Or commenting on their wall? not much.

I am 25 and consider myself hip and into things (MR)... but there are somethings that make no sense and posting pics of myself every other day is one of them. I rather be reading/studying/cleaning... aka something productive!

I say you just gotta have self control and realize that the most important people in your life are the ones in you "recent call list" and not ur neighbor from 1997.

you might have to give up myspace to catch up with MR though! hee hee

Which reader do you have/ looking into?

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 06-11-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi pinkblondi and welcome to MobileRead.

Get an eBook reader and give up the internet. Well except for MobileRead of course
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Welcome to MobileRead, Pink! The place for talking is the Lounge. It gets sort of crazy there, every now and again, but as Alphpheemail can tell you, it sort of grows on you...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
Efficiency. If you find yourself reading a lot of blogs and webpages that support RSS consider Google Reader it will aggrigate all your feeds into one place and saves you time digging though sites. Also stops that "comment surfing" that accompanies articles.
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi pinkblondi and welcome to MobileRead.

Get an eBook reader and give up the internet. Well except for MobileRead of course
Yep, I agree! And make it a 505 I know cassidy would agree with me on that one.

Welcome to the forum!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Asking a MobileRead audience how to have an offline life is like asking a fish what the air temperature is. We've no idea, though we have a million ways (and threads) to make "2am" seem like early evening.

Welcome pinkblondi (I keep reading this as "Pink Bondi", and picturing the Belt of Venus showing her Girdle at beach twilight).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote