Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 AM   #406
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Thanks!!! I installed it yesterday and it worked wonders for my Glo. But I do find it easier to read with the light off in the daylight with the nightmode on. The glolight makes the black background too faded, at least for my eyes...
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #407
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Yoq, is a chance for you to work directly with firmware's developpers in order to integrate directly and each time your night mode in their firmware ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #408
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Works fine in AuraHD (fw 3.5.0 + build13)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #409
Hiro-kun
Hiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
I found a bug when using build 13 with my Glo (FW 3.5.0). When my Glo is connected to my PC through USB while the front light is on, the light dims to 1% and remains on while connected. After disconnecting, the light remains at 1%. I usually have the brightness at 50% or 60%. I uninstalled Night Mode and tried again. Without Night Mode, the light turns off upon connection.
Hiro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #410
Hiro-kun
Hiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro-kun View Post
I found a bug when using build 13 with my Glo (FW 3.5.0). When my Glo is connected to my PC through USB while the front light is on, the light dims to 1% and remains on while connected. After disconnecting, the light remains at 1%. I usually have the brightness at 50% or 60%. I uninstalled Night Mode and tried again. Without Night Mode, the light turns off upon connection.
Looks like it's not related to Night Mode. It just happened without it installed. I'll be looking more into this.
Hiro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #411
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro-kun View Post
Looks like it's not related to Night Mode. It just happened without it installed. I'll be looking more into this.
It's a known issue with FW 3.5

There have been some reports here
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #412
Tizzalicious
Connoisseur
Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad 2, iPhone 5
Just installed build 13 on my brand new Kobo Aura, and it works perfectly. I previously had it installed on my Glo, and even though the light on the Aura can get much dimmer, the night mode is still nicer on the eyes when I have a migraine. So many many thanks!
Tizzalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #413
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi guys,

A new FW for Glo seems to be arrived. Someone has tested "night mode" with this version 3.8.0 ?
Old 08-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #414
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Works fine in AuraHD (fw 3.8.0 + build13)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:56 AM   #415
akorx
Addict

Hi,

I've setup the FW 3.8.0 on my Glo and re install night mode build13 and all is ok !

Last edited by akorx; 09-04-2014 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:30 AM   #416
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
Working fine on "normal" Aura with 3.8.0 too.
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #417
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux1999 View Post
Working fine on "normal" Aura with 3.8.0 too.
fantastic, I can no longer live without night mode!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #418
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
fantastic, I can no longer live without night mode!
Yes I can't understand why that was not integrated by the official developers at the beginning ; I can't imagine my Glo without this function ...
Old 09-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #419
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In night mode with the front light on, is there less shine from the light then in regular mode?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:16 AM   #420
snorg
snorg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo
Hi all,
I just changed my Glo for a Aura, fw 3.8 and night mode rev 13, but when I change pages in night mode it flashes in white at every turn.
I tried to change my kobo ereader.conf reading section to apply numPartialUpdatePageTurns=99, but it's like it's only working on day mode.
Any idea what I'missing ?
snorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch