Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Image size in EPUB

I created a book by importing the text from webpages, this included a number of images which in the ODT file show up as linked to the web version.

When I used W2E to build the EPUB I couldn't see the images, then I realised that they were there but extremely small. When I looked at the xhtml files in the EPUB the images had an attribute of
Code:
style="height:1em"
which explained why they were displaying so small despite the image in the EPUB being of reasonable size.

I have used SIGIL to get rid of the 1em styling and everything seems o.k. however is there some way in which this can be controlled from within W2E when building the EPUB. Image sizes of 1em seem to have very little use.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
the images had an attribute of
Code:
style="height:1em"
Take care that the images are anchored to the paragraph, not to the character.

If you use the anchor to the character, the images itself are treated as characters and (in the current version) reduced at 1em.
This allows to use images to substitute symbols, hieroglyphics, runes, signatures and other objects you wish to redim with the font size.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the explanation, that solves it for me.

BobC
Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
BobC
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
Have you tried change the image size in HTML tags?
Adelaide,

If you read my original post you will see I could easily solve the problem by editing the EPUB, what I wanted to do was not have the problem in the first place. Luke's answer not only gave me the solution but also explained the rationale behind how the extension worked.

BobC