Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #46
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
well the first thing that I need is to know the format of those bins in the downloadable firmware.. of rootfs.bin exspecialy..
what is gboot btw ?
and what's the name of this file that is supposed to do the displaying work and that is closed source ?
Starting from here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rootfs
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #47
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I have noticed another possible bug - never seen it before anyway:

The navigation/menu bar obscures the text at the bottom of the page in a PDF, if you have cropped the PDF close to where the text ends.
Surely the task bar should occupy space which is NOT taken up by the pdf itself? Otherwise it's necessary to create an empty space at the bottom of all PDFs, for the menu task bar to reside on! Seems idiotic -- suspect this is a bug....
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #48
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post

The navigation/menu bar obscures the text at the bottom of the page in a PDF, if you have cropped the PDF close to where the text ends.
Surely the task bar should occupy space which is NOT taken up by the pdf itself? Otherwise it's necessary to create an empty space at the bottom of all PDFs, for the menu task bar to reside on! Seems idiotic -- suspect this is a bug....
yes I noticed it too with all pdf even not zoomed ..
the last pixels of the page are not shown, cause they are overwritten by the bottom menu bar..
so if you have a pdf with blank margins you don't notice this, but if there is writing even at the very bottom of the page it can't be read..

great new bug indeed..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #49
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
This bug has a (very horrible) workaround which is to modify all your pdfs and add a space at the bottom.

But it's ALMOST as bad as the bug with the chopped right side margin (see earlier in the thread).

Not sure what the testing procedures are there, and I am aware that this is not the official release just the the first RC, I think...

But still -- some testing was surely done and it ought to have picked this up...

Last edited by martienne; 06-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #50
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
well the first thing that I need is to know the format of those bins in the downloadable firmware.. of rootfs.bin exspecialy..
what is gboot btw ?
and what's the name of this file that is supposed to do the displaying work and that is closed source ?
OK, I have extracted the root file system of both dr800sg and dr1000s, both the RC1 version. You can download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5100754/dr.tar.bz2 if you are interested.

Attached is a quick diff between the two's file system.

See if we can find some way to enable this "continuous page" mode which is disabled on dr800 but enabled on dr1000.
Attached Files
File Type: txt diff.txt (233.6 KB, 420 views)
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #51
flomartin
flomartin began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 1000S
Hi everybody !

Im so disappointed with the beta firmware, I was using a lot of documents made of scanned jpg files, and now since 2.0 it's not possible to browse through the files, you have to close and then open the next file !!!

How could they remove such a mandatory functionality ?????

Sometimes I don't know what's happening in the developpers' brain...

Please iRex fix this !

And about the contrast, is it so complicated to be able to chose the contrast or/and gamma in the prefs ?????
flomartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #52
flomartin
flomartin began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 1000S
Sorry, just noticed this thread was for the DR800, not the for the DR1000S !!!!

Could someone move my message to the right place ????

Thanks a lot
flomartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #53
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomartin View Post
Hi everybody !
Im so disappointed with the beta firmware, I was using a lot of documents made of scanned jpg files, and now since 2.0 it's not possible to browse through the files, you have to close and then open the next file !!!
Besides the problem you mentioned, this kind of documents has another disadvantage on the 2.0 firmware. Since a single document typically contains lots of files, the reader has to scan all those files when booting, to update its index.

A better solution might be to create a single zip archive for each such document (rename to .cbz) and wait for the final firmware and an updated cbz plugin from Kolenka.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #54
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
OK, I have extracted the root file system of both dr800sg and dr1000s, both the RC1 version. You can download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5100754/dr.tar.bz2 if you are interested.

Attached is a quick diff between the two's file system.

See if we can find some way to enable this "continuous page" mode which is disabled on dr800 but enabled on dr1000.
you didn't do a good work, cause you compared the dr800sg and the dr1000s
so there are all the differences related to the network stuff that is present in dr800sg but obviously not in dr1000s.. if you want to do an useful work you have to do a diff.txt of the DR800S firmware and the dr1000s one, in the same release obviously..
and please do this and post it here..
bye
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #55
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
you didn't do a good work, cause you compared the dr800sg and the dr1000s
so there are all the differences related to the network stuff that is present in dr800sg but obviously not in dr1000s.. if you want to do an useful work you have to do a diff.txt of the DR800S firmware and the dr1000s one, in the same release obviously..
and please do this and post it here..
bye
Good point, and here is the diff between dr800s (not dr800sg) and dr1000s, both with RC1 version.
Attached Files
File Type: txt diff_dr800s_dr1000s.txt (220.8 KB, 257 views)
Old 06-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #56
repods
Addict

very interesting..
Old 06-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #57
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
All right, so this confirms that this feature is DISABLED ON PURPOSE on dr800s.
No it doesn't. Please don't over react.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #58
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post

Yes, it's a bug. One of their developers talked about it in a previous post in this thread. They're going to fix it in an intermediate release.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #59
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
No it doesn't. Please don't over react.
How can you be so sure? And how am I over reacting?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #60
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplogSplog View Post

EDIT: I successfully went back to the beta release, and to my joy all my notes and scribbles are back where they should be.
How did you go back. The battery runs down so quickly in the final release that I would like to go back to the beta.

Kira
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote